British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

What? You do talk some rubbish don’t you? You seem to have developed an obsession with Swindon at the moment ... why is it laughable? Look down the list of riders in the Aussie title it’s diabolical compared to what it used to be and winning it nowadays means very little , Tungate a serial 6 pointer think your getting carried away as usual if anyone’s laughable it’s you ya clown 

Apart from his time at Belle Vue where he averaged over 7. 

Oops!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Stadium news tomorrow. What's the betting its a big story saying its on the way with an picture of Tomlinson and Osborne in hard hats and high viz jackets. Problem is we all know its BS and the lego new Abbey will never be built.

You forget to mention that they will be standing in the puddle by the shack to show the huge obstacle that's so far prevented it being built. 

On 1/22/2018 at 5:21 PM, geoff58 said:

don't see a aussie title for morris anywhere ??  don't see morris in GP  qaulifiers next season ????????????????

Since the first meetings are against BV we will see who beats who.

So we have our home meetings on thursdays and mondays with only two scheduled for a wed, that is ok.

It is a pity we do not see Jason at Swindon till May 28th.

Edited by A ORLOV

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Since the first meetings are against BV we will see who beats who.

look forward to it immensely don't be to upset when rohan wins !! also another trophy for us to start the season !! 

So the plan now, it seems, is for the new stadium to be built on the same site as the current one.

If new one is worked on and changed, then fine.

If the current one is to be demolished first, then not fine.

• Like 3

they will build as they go & probably restrict people going down the back straight IMO. Once that’s done, close the main straight down etc, the last bit will be altering the track at the end of the season is my guess. I think that the recently announced BAGS deal for which Swindon is one of the tracks has saved us, also the council appear to have backed us by not allowing the Abbey to be flattened in advance of any building Work. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the people in the houses next to the pits will be happy now that the track is next to them rather than 150 mtrs away.

Also not sure why shortening the track will improve the racing !

Anyway lets see if it actually happens. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It won't happen. The season starting in 2 months is the perfect reason to delay it as they can't knock things down whilst people are attending meetings.

• Like 1

I'd have thought it was obviously a ploy to demolish the current stadium then find some good reason why a new stadium can't be built on top of the smoking ruins and how they will sadly be forced into completing the housing estate instead of a new stadium.

I hate to be cynical but this plan has stunk to high heaven ever since the initial proposal was to put the new stadium car park on the centre 'green'!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I'd have thought it was obviously a ploy to demolish the current stadium then find some good reason why a new stadium can't be built on top of the smoking ruins and how they will sadly be forced into completing the housing estate instead of a new stadium.

I hate to be cynical but this plan has stunk to high heaven ever since the initial proposal was to put the new stadium car park on the centre 'green'!

Spot on I fear

• Like 1

How much garbage Can people take in ....how can people keep saying its going to happen .

Still fishy but, being optimistic...

If the track is shortened to be a carbon copy of the new Belle Vue then that will be excellent news...

Swindon current length = 363m, New Belle Vue = 347m.

Russell & Co should now be insisting/ensuring the track is a replica of Belle Vue, of course they won't be.

25 minutes ago, orion said:

How much garbage Can people take in ....how can people keep saying its going to happen .

Spot on. I feel sorry for people who are so gullible to keep getting taken in. It will go quiet now for 9 months before more exciting breaking news is out that the stadium is imminent. More chance of Gavan admitting Poole will pee the league next season.