British Speedway Forum

Work may start in May..may may may.

Only 700 seats now

5 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Work may start in May..may may may.

Only 700 seats now

And 480 parking spaces, so they still expect fans to get the bus or park elsewhere.  That number will be difficult for a meeting against Poole or Somerset when we should get big opposition numbers or a play off final etc.

May ? will they have planning permission by then?

27 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

And 480 parking spaces, so they still expect fans to get the bus or park elsewhere.  That number will be difficult for a meeting against Poole or Somerset when we should get big opposition numbers or a play off final etc.

May ? will they have planning permission by then?

Reduction from 1100 spaces, will be parking on the nearby estates.

Only a few show up from Zummerrzet and Darrset. Pity they shut the Groundwell park and ride.

Move some seats from the County Ground, holds over 15000 they rarely get 7500 bums on seats.

Was latest news update in Adver couple of hours ago.

Earlier start to this season with Charity Shield matches against Belle Vue in March, and half of meetings on Monday.

31 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Reduction from 1100 spaces, will be parking on the nearby estates.

Only a few show up from Zummerrzet and Darrset. Pity they shut the Groundwell park and ride.

Move some seats from the County Ground, holds over 15000 they rarely get 7500 bums on seats.

Was latest news update in Adver couple of hours ago.

Earlier start to this season with Charity Shield matches against Belle Vue in March, and half of meetings on Monday.

We get good numbers from Poole and would have thought Somerset would have quite a few.

Previously in the transport plan there was an indication that parking in Groundwell park and ride would be available, but cannot see many wanting to use that.

Believe. We did. And we got What we want  downtime for you to believe 

29 minutes ago, packerman said:

As a non local how far is Groundwell Park and ride from the stadium?

1.5 to 2 kl distance, there was talk of having a minibus shuttle which might be ok before the meeting but not sure after.  The biggest issue will be those turning up at the Stadium at 7.15 then being told no room so go to park and ride.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

We get good numbers from Poole and would have thought Somerset would have quite a few.

Previously in the transport plan there was an indication that parking in Groundwell park and ride would be available, but cannot see many wanting to use that.

To be fair, based on last seasons meetings, most of the Poole fans had left by heat 10 or 11, so if Groundwell was made available it would ease congestion following the meeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now Kings Lynn have announced their 7, surely we have now 2 ready made riders to come in on bargain averages if Mitchell Davey & the mad Frenchman do not perform this year ... 

THJ and Huckenbeck!!! I thought they were shoe ins in a team this year!!!! 

Bargain averages, i’d Have them in a heart beat...

41 minutes ago, Maz01793 said:

Now Kings Lynn have announced their 7, surely we have now 2 ready made riders to come in on bargain averages if Mitchell Davey & the mad Frenchman do not perform this year ... 

THJ and Huckenbeck!!! I thought they were shoe ins in a team this year!!!! 

Bargain averages, i’d Have them in a heart beat...

Both said they won’t do the UK. 

Kai is already doing 4 leagues. Won’t do another. 

ThJ might come across. 

On 25/01/2018 at 7:56 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Believe. We did. And we got What we want  downtime for you to believe 

Clark Osborne wasn't involved in your stadium... hate to be cynical everybody,  but as a Reading fan I feel I'm entitled...

Looking at the stadium drawing, assuming it's to scale, the bends could do to be a tad wider at the apex.  Unless it's gonna be mega-wide over the full lap, like Scunny, Somerset & prob Glasgow....

9 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Looking at the stadium drawing, assuming it's to scale, the bends could do to be a tad wider at the apex.  Unless it's gonna be mega-wide over the full lap, like Scunny, Somerset & prob Glasgow....

and NSS :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geoff58 said:

and NSS :lol:

Forgot about that track, an absolute beaut....

• Like 1

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 4:24 PM, MattK said:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15894764.Russell_hoping_Robins_are_on_home_stretch_for_new_stadium/

What kind of a "grandstand" is this ? Looks strange to me. Can't see any seats in front of that building ! Where from would the mentioned 700 people have to watch the racing? From within the building, behind glass windows, and from that small balcony up there? Come on, that may be acceptable for the Greyhound people, but that won't be good enough for watching the speedway !

All this somehow reminds me of the early 90s' ill-fated London Stadium project at Hackney which had a similarly "impressive" grandstand - and that was certainly not good for watching speedway !  I hope Swindon Speedway does not make the same mistake !

Edited by Bavarian
  • Like 1