British Speedway Forum

Reading the updates, Mitchell has had a really bad crash riding for Birmingham tonight. Fingers crossed it is not as bad as it seems. Wishing him all the best.

Commentator on WM said head injuries but conscious. Initially had trouble breathing. One of the other bikes hit him in upper back region. 

Swindon speedway Twitter saying suspected pelvic injury. 

Edited by Anzum

Deleted as it wasn’t sensible to copy the tweet i saw in hindsight. 

Feel for Mitchell Davey, no one wants a rider to get injured in such a fashion. 

Edited by hyabb17

21 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Immediate replacement being looked at for Mitchell Davey following his unfortunate crash at Birmingham tonight, that's the word from Robins boss Alun Rossiter.

Feel for Mitchell Davey, no one wants a rider to get injured in such a fashion. 

Can't help but feel after your edits you do .. Can't help feel you wanted to end your last sentence with a but .

Who gives a toss about replacements on a night like this ....

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Can't help but feel after your edits you do .. Can't help feel you wanted to end your last sentence with a but .

Who gives a toss about replacements on a night like this ....

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful to Mitchel in any way shape or form, just copied a tweet I saw. Perhaps not the right thing to do & for that I apologise. 

• Like 2

Described by the doctor on scene as a 'massive head injury'. Riders crying and the management in complete shock.

Let's hope it isn't as bad as feared for Davey. 

Thoughts are with Mitch and his family tho. It's not a night I can say I feel happy about being part of and one of the dreadful things staff have to witness up close. 

Edited by stevebrum
removed remark made in anger.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful to Mitchel in any way shape or form, just copied a tweet I saw. Perhaps not the right thing to do & for that I apologise. 

I apologise too i might be over sensitive but honestly he's incident was horrific and if you was there thinking of replacements would be the last thing on your mind .. It was then followed by young jordan Jenkins leaving the track in a ambulance in a awful crash as well in heat 12.   Just a very unpleasant evening for speedway riders and fans .

Just now, stevebrum said:

Described by the doctor on scene as a 'massive head injury'. Riders crying and the management in complete shock.

Let's hope it isn't as bad as feared for Davey. No doubt the one calling for his sacking is happy now.

Thoughts are with Mitch and his family tho. It's not a night I can say I feel happy about being part of and one of the dreadful things staff have to witness up close. 

I did read he was conscious which I hope is true. I hope he’s okay & not a bad as feared. Generally didn’t mean any harm or offence with my previous message, error on my part. 

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I apologise too i might be over sensitive but honestly he's incident was horrific and if you was there thinking of replacements would be the last thing on your mind .. It was then followed by young jordan Jenkins leaving the track in a ambulance in a awful crash as well in heat 12.   Just a very unpleasant evening for speedway riders and fans .

I wasn’t thinking of replacements, nor have I said on here he needed to be replaced. Sound so horrific & I hope he’s okay. 

• Like 1

Oh jesus, hope his Aussie family know and don't read it via the net... 

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

I did read he was conscious which I hope is true. I hope he’s okay & not a bad as feared. Generally didn’t mean any harm or offence with my previous message, error on my part. 

It took him a long while to regain consciousness and I'd assume he has more injuries than first suspected.

Just now, Trees said:

Oh jesus, hope his Aussie family know and don't read it via the net... 

His mom was there. 

• Like 1