British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough V Glasgow 15/10/17

I can never bring myself to hope for a pussycat win.

Up the Tigers!!

That's more like it . You Witches have got too nice , you can't have a derby foe without a healthy bit of bile and venom . You need to get Kings Lynn back . :wink:

• Like 1

Are both teams at full strength?

Nope, Glasgow missing Bewley, Smith, Lunna and Perry

Just hope belle vue and wolves don't decide to rerun tonight's rained off match on Sunday otherwise Glasgow will probably be told that Richard lawson will have to ride for Wolverhampton as he was guesting for them tonight 😋

• Like 2

OWNER Ged Rathbone is ready to reward his most loyal supporters with heavily discounted entry for the biggest Peterborough meeting of the season.

The 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers take on Glasgow in the first leg of an SGB Championship KO Cup semi-final on Sunday at the East of England Arena (5pm).

And the club's army of season-ticket holders will be able to watch the mouth-watering showdown against the Tigers for just £10.

"Our number of season-ticket holders has gone up year-on-year and I'm very grateful to those fans for their fabulous support," said Rathbone.

"I feel it is only eight to reward their loyal backing by giving them the opportunity to see our biggest and most important meeting of the season at a reduced rate.

"They fully deserve it and this is my way of saying a big thank-you to each person who has a season ticket.

"Hopefully they will all turn out on Sunday. We desperately want to win another trophy and we need everyone behind us on a big day for the club."

That fantastic £10 entry offer is also open to supporters able to produce admission tickets from the club's final three SGB Championship home meetings of the season.

They are a September 26 victory over Scunthorpe, the October 6 triumph against Workington and a date against Edinburgh at the East of England Arena this Friday (October 13, 7.30pm).

"Once again my thanks goes out to the fans who have turned out to get behind the boys at a stage of the season when we have only really been racing for pride in the league," added Rathbone.

"We made no secret of the fact that we wanted to challenge for a play-off spot this year, but that didn't materialise due to a number of factors.

"The season could easily have faded out, but the boys have been in tremendous form of late as we attempt to finish as high as we possibly can in the table.

"Fifth place is now within reach if we can beat Edinburgh and that's the aim before we turn our attention to winning another piece of silverware in the KO Cup.

"If we can do that, then 2017 will go down as one of the club's best seasons."

The second leg of the semi-final has been confirmed for Tuesday (October 17) at Peugeot Ashfield Stadium.

Has the 2nd leg been confirmed yet ?

The second leg of the semi-final has been confirmed for Tuesday (October 17)

OWNER Ged Rathbone is ready to reward his most loyal supporters with heavily discounted entry for the biggest Peterborough meeting of the season.

The 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers take on Glasgow in the first leg of an SGB Championship KO Cup semi-final on Sunday at the East of England Arena (5pm).

And the club's army of season-ticket holders will be able to watch the mouth-watering showdown against the Tigers for just £10.

"Our number of season-ticket holders has gone up year-on-year and I'm very grateful to those fans for their fabulous support," said Rathbone.

"I feel it is only eight to reward their loyal backing by giving them the opportunity to see our biggest and most important meeting of the season at a reduced rate.

"They fully deserve it and this is my way of saying a big thank-you to each person who has a season ticket.

"Hopefully they will all turn out on Sunday. We desperately want to win another trophy and we need everyone behind us on a big day for the club."

That fantastic £10 entry offer is also open to supporters able to produce admission tickets from the club's final three SGB Championship home meetings of the season.

They are a September 26 victory over Scunthorpe, the October 6 triumph against Workington and a date against Edinburgh at the East of England Arena this Friday (October 13, 7.30pm).

"Once again my thanks goes out to the fans who have turned out to get behind the boys at a stage of the season when we have only really been racing for pride in the league," added Rathbone.

"We made no secret of the fact that we wanted to challenge for a play-off spot this year, but that didn't materialise due to a number of factors.

"The season could easily have faded out, but the boys have been in tremendous form of late as we attempt to finish as high as we possibly can in the table.

"Fifth place is now within reach if we can beat Edinburgh and that's the aim before we turn our attention to winning another piece of silverware in the KO Cup.

"If we can do that, then 2017 will go down as one of the club's best seasons."

The second leg of the semi-final has been confirmed for Tuesday (October 17) at Peugeot Ashfield Stadium.

The second leg of the semi-final has been confirmed for Tuesday (October 17)

Thanks

Bewley & Smith are riding, RR for Lunna and guest for Perry.

Thanks

I do not see this as any sort reward for season ticket holders .

Sorry ,I was not referring to the season ticket offer.i was replying to confirm 2nd leg date ,post seems to be missing.I do agree with you though.Also the bit about last 3 meetings tickets seems abit of a weird one.

Sorry ,I was not referring to the season ticket offer.i was replying to confirm 2nd leg date ,post seems to be missing.I do agree with you though.Also the bit about last 3 meetings tickets seems abit of a weird one.

Sorry not getting at you, I just think this so called gesture is mean and shoddy bearing in mind the trouble and uncertainty the past few weeks have caused

• Like 1

Anyone accepting the discount must surely just be a vulture or scavenger....

Id be very surprised if anyone has kept the last 3 tickets

A rather hollow gesture that one....

What would you like to see as a gesture??? That's a genuine question.

A public flogging?? 😜