British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough V Glasgow 15/10/17

Thats a bit glass half full for you 99 😜

• Like 1

I don't get the Holder bashing and I've slagged him off enough since August when it perhaps wasn't totally warranted, but what were people watching tonight? He had a very good first ride for a Panthers 5-1. He busted a gut to join Lambert in heat 6 before his bike went pop and then he had two tough races where it looked like the bike wasn't working. Unless someone can give me a good reason for lack of effort, I didn't see it.

Inclined to agree, he looked very good until his bike went bang, poor night by his standards but it’s rare for him.

• Like 4

Did i read that correct?

You feeling ok?

Fiercely patriotic.

(And lesser of 2 evils!)

• Like 2

He stitched himself up by accepting a payment from Poland, he knew it was wrong , but he still went ahead with it . He of all people should know you can't mess about with BSPA they are a law unto themselves and shouldn't be trusted.

The only mistake was not getting what they say in writing before doing anything. It was funny that he said that Readypower (Frost/Mahoney) warned him about the BSPA because we've been there before with word of mouth from that lot:

“All we at Peterborough Speedway want is for the BSPA rulebook to be adhered to and applied consistently."

Thats a bit glass half full for you 99

Indeed. It doesn't happen very often so make the most of it!

I didn't get where I am today by being positive ;)

• Like 2

He was never gonna take on the old boys network, and win.

How did he take them on?

How did he take them on?

By thinking he could break the rules and get a couple of BSPA members on his side by paying them a wedge and now having accepted the sweetener they don't want to know . BSPA members should all be investigated by an independent body and all those that had any part in this should be brought to book.

Edited by New era Panthers

by taking the wedge and thinking he could get away with it.

So you're saying that they are all totally untrustworthy and don't take any action without written evidence to back it up?

Sounds about right, the penny will drop at some point.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

I don't know about all of them, but ged does seem to be digging himself a deeper hole with every statement.

I don't know about all of them, but ged does seem to be digging himself a deeper hole with every statement.

I will agree that the response from Panthers management since August has been wrong and confrontational. That was taking them on when I'd say when a different approach was needed to play nicely even though we thought that we were doing the right thing. Rathbone said the politics gets him down and Frost/Mahoney warned him about the BSPA. The thing is, there is a bloke living within a stones throw of the EoES track (think Mick Bratley still lives there) who is quite comfortable working in the world of shark infested custard and knows when to back down or play the game even when probably in the right.

“But the written findings of the SCB hearing make mention of the fact that I was ill advised."

Both those named promotions ignored the advice that wasn't ill-advised for some reason and paid the price. If Rathbone wants, or can afford, to carry on then with his co-promoter bowing out then he could do with that experience in the camp. Unfortunately the piece in our local rag today does seem like a resignation speech. It would take all of Bratley's skills to smooth that over, if he was interested or wanted to help now. I think that he still would.

Edited by Crump99