British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

So heard rumours. 12 team top tier. Monday & Wednesday fixed race nights.

If that is the case.

Top tier British Speedway under whatever name will consist of.... Poole, Swindon, Lakeside, Rye House, Somerset, Kings Lynn, Ipswich, Leicester, Wolverhampton, Sheffield & Belle Vue. Who the other team?

It just makes complete sense logistic wise for Ipswich, so much less travel involved. Sheffield seem to have finally found ambition. Travel involved may also be reduced for their fans.

That would leave second tier of British Speedway a Northern affair. Workington, Redcar, Scunthorpe, Newcastle, Berwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow. Am I missing a team?

• Like 1

Doubt it will be a Wednesday since Denmark ride on that night. I assume it will be Monday and Thursday as was previously rumoured.

I also assume that the Championship will have to ride on non-Premiership days in order to stop the farcical doubling up on the same nights with all the fixture clashes?

Peterborough, would make more sense them being in the same division as Ipswich and Kings Lynn one would have thought.

• Like 2

Doubt it will be a Wednesday since Denmark ride on that night. I assume it will be Monday and Thursday as was previously rumoured.

I also assume that the Championship will have to ride on non-Premiership days in order to stop the farcical doubling up on the same nights with all the fixture clashes?

Finally we are hearing some common sense come into the organisation in keeping our two leagues separate days. I have heard that Mondays and Thursdays have been earmarked as Premiership days, but I don't think 2 days is enough to run a 12 team division. Probably a third day could be added to have 3 days for the Premiership and 3 days for the Championship, Although it wouldn't eliminate all the foreign meeting clashes, it would be far better than we have now with meetings on every day of the week... .

Each year we wait to hear of new ideas to make our sport better. but are normally disappointed, Will this year be any different????

Peterborough, would make more sense them being in the same division as Ipswich and Kings Lynn one would have thought.

My apologies to the Panthers, I had completely forgotten them.

To avoid further embarrassment to any party, I wont go into last nights fiasco. But to avoid it ever happening again thorough detailed planning for the future is a must.

Moving forward we must start at the beginning.

So a fixed race night with an alternative day to be used for rain offs/abandonment's.

Mondays could be classed as the alternative race day and also reserved for televised matches with Thursday the fixed race night. (alternatively vice versa)

With say 12 teams in The Top League, it would mean a total of 22 weeks to fulfill home and away fixtures..

Commencing with Round 1 of fixtures on 29 March 2018 and Round 22 on 23 August 2018.

All fixtures to be completed by this date as alternative day used to achieve it.

This would still leave 5 full fixture dates before the end of September to stage Play Off rounds.

Planning is easy, but it takes all concerned to actually listen, what the paying public want.

Stability.

Similar to football fans, a lot of armchair managers on here.

That's what it's for, so those who pay to allow the sport to exist, can express their ideas and opinions.

• Like 2

To avoid further embarrassment to any party, I wont go into last nights fiasco. But to avoid it ever happening again thorough detailed planning for the future is a must.

Moving forward we must start at the beginning.

So a fixed race night with an alternative day to be used for rain offs/abandonment's.

Mondays could be classed as the alternative race day and also reserved for televised matches with Thursday the fixed race night. (alternatively vice versa)

With say 12 teams in The Top League, it would mean a total of 22 weeks to fulfill home and away fixtures..

Commencing with Round 1 of fixtures on 29 March 2018 and Round 22 on 23 August 2018.

All fixtures to be completed by this date as alternative day used to achieve it.

This would still leave 5 full fixture dates before the end of September to stage Play Off rounds.

Planning is easy, but it takes all concerned to actually listen, what the paying public want.

Stability.

I get the impression that some clubs will race on a mon and others on thurs with the opposite nights available if needed or for tv.

Well, it won't be Sheffield as it looks like they're going to miss their chance to get promotion :nono:

Well, it won't be Sheffield as it looks like they're going to miss their chance to get promotion :nono:

If they want to come up they will.

• Like 4

My apologies to the Panthers, I had completely forgotten them.

Easily done 😆
  • Like 1

Monday and Thursday race nights with a 12 team league facing each other once and home and once away, that'll give clubs 11 home league meetings. Add to that a KOC competition with groups then that would boost the amount of home matches to 14-16 (4 or 6 in a group). 30 odd weeks to fit in 14-16 home meetings should be easy.

Edited by woz01

If promoters used their loaf they could utilise a few Tuesdays as race days in March and April as the Swedish season doesn't start until May due to the weather.

• Like 1

If promoters used their loaf they could utilise a few Tuesdays as race days in March and April as the Swedish season doesn't start until May due to the weather.

If it's possible with availability of stadiums then absolutely!