British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

I believe there has also been a statement from Riders Representative Krysztof Ciegelski - but I can't find it now.

The riders are apparantly up in arms about the new rules and their effect on earning capacity.

OK the Polish leagues make a big thing about announcing their signings for the following season - and then try to introduce new rider restrictions after the riders have agreed to sign!!

They have said they wont sign contracts basically.

The extraliga has just come out saying they wont change the rules. They have said to riders they do not have to sign in Poland. Poles have already talked about not running the league for 2018.

I doubt this will happen. Extraliga will want to run and riders want to be paid. Sure it will all get sorted out.

In other news EMIL is not riding in Sweden this season. Could he be looking at the UK. (I doubt it) But i don't know he would not sign a contract in Sweden.

Emil's another that has good contacts in Glasgow and Poole!!!! ;-)

The rule Poland are bringing in about taking away consent to any rider riding abroad is different to what is in place now as this means they can now recall a rider for a practice session or meeting sponsors but at present it's just about a scheduled league fixture

There will be.modification to their list as Woffy and others will get the ones that concern them altered but can't see why they would change this one so signing Vaculik Holder Doyle could be a risky choice.

Should have gone with one big league that is affordable for everyone which would have stopped all this doubling up and given a more varied fixtures list plus developing British youngsters.

• Like 1

Should have gone with one big league that is affordable for everyone which would have stopped all this doubling up and given a more varied fixtures list plus developing British youngsters.

Totally agree.

• Like 1