British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Poll

That seems to be another success story , not back to the days when Chris Holder and Boycie graced the shale there , but it seems to be a thriving club again .

Too many promoters are lazy , they expect fans just to turn up as if it was 1975 still and they do nothing to add to the 15 heats of racing . That might have been enough back in the day , but not now .

It doesn't take a massive financial outlay to add to the experience of going to the track .

What should not be forgotten is that it is likely that IOW will finish bottom of the NL having lost half of their home meetings. Such is the enthusiasm and the feel good factor about the club is that really doesn't seem to matter much, but there's no doubt that better on track performances will increase attendances still further.

The furious attempts to promote the Speedway are like nothing I have ever seen before, in a holiday area or not and signs are that once people come they stay.

There's no 'sod you then' attitude. Its all about listening, improving and giving the punter what they want. Its not rocket science or expensive, either.

Some might be able to teach IOW one or two things (which they might well copy) but no-one can teach them a single thing about how to treat the paying fan or how to get people in, and they could teach a lot of others a great deal.

Up at Swindon for second half of season when they went on 17 wins in a row run.

I'd say Leicester's are down but still pretty good attendances compared to other tracks. It's going to take a while to entice back the fans who gave up during the years of processional racing and the antics of David Hemsley didn't exactly help matters.

Whilst much lower than the grand final the Kocup semi final at Ipswich v Sheffield still attracted about 2000

Very encouraging

Down I would say at BV, between 1200 - 1500 a week I reckon

1500 - 1800 was around PAR last year...

Noticeable that the clubs that are announcing 'Ups', given the comments from their fans, are, in the main, only reaching what used to be regular attendances...

Going back to the level where you once were is only a marginal success in reality..

But a success never the less in the world of British Speedway I suppose..

Looks like Glasgow and the IOW have seen a proper, joined up, advertising campaign pay off?

Well done to them..