British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Doubble Header 22 October

He may be an asset but he's not in there declared 1 to 7 or is he in anybody elses. So tough. There would have been hell on this forum if Wolves had brought Woffinden back to ride in the playoffs, KOC final. He's a wolves asset. However stupid the rule appears it needs to be applied consistently

Ha ha ha! My favourite post of all time. Jacob Bukhave/Tai Woffinden. You couldn't make it up!

I just hope it pees down on the nights of our scheduled matches because no-one under any circumstances should be forced to turn out without a team. Bloody ridiculous!

• Like 1

I hope this is an indication that Bukkhave might be back next year - I think he'll come good.

Would be funny if we had a wet spell wouldn't it?

Roll up...Roll up, Newcastle Diamonds v some other speedway riders.....not particular who they are....I hope crowd control barriers are in place early at Rough Park.

Honestly though, it's not fair on the Diamonds fans either. It's not fair on anyone. Punters pay to see proper speedway racing, (last Bears visit ? ) not a farce that this fixture will inevitably be. You pay to see a meeting v Redcar Bears...you ain't getting a meeting v Redcar Bears....none of them.

Edited by parkendlass
  • Like 1

Roll up...Roll up, Newcastle Diamonds v some other speedway riders.....not particular who they are....I hope crowd control barriers are in place early at Rough Park.

Honestly though, it's not fair on the Diamonds fans either. It's not fair on anyone. Punters pay to see proper speedway racing, (last Bears visit ? ) not a farce that this fixture will inevitably be. You pay to see a meeting v Redcar Bears...you ain't getting a meeting v Redcar Bears....none of them.

Exactly and Newcastle are proudly announcing that you only have to pay £20 to see this farce! They'll be lucky if they get 200 there.

• Like 2

Exactly and Newcastle are proudly announcing that you only have to pay £20 to see this farce! They'll be lucky if they get 200 there.

Well you might be right but it is mightily encouraging that we (Newcastle) still have a promoter who is prepared to promote even the most dire end of season event which could well play a significant part in ensuring there is speedway at Newcastle in 2018.

Core supporters who care for the team and the sport will turn up in numbers to show their appreciation of the fact that we have been lucky enough to have many years of speedway under our belt at Brough Park without a break, and hopefully many more to come.

So come on Redcar and Workington plus all your guests and help put on a good show at the end of this dire season

• Like 3

its hardly Newcastles fault that redcar are facing an injury crisis of titanic proportions (last year Sheffield nearly won the playoffs with only 3 riders so injuries at this stage is hardly new!!)

and this could have easily happened to redcar in September

and remember this meeting is due to a rainoff on September 16th and that Newcastle couldn't run 2 meetings due to the PLRC and Pairs

still don't let the facts get away in of a good story

im sure both the Newcastle promoters and redcar promoters would rather not race it all

but its meant to be a professional sport and both team are obliged to complete their league fixtures

I think £20 is a very good price .... and im sure all the riders will give it a go

Newcastle v Sheffield meant nowt ... yet there was still some very competitive racing

so come on turn up ..... its the last meeting for possibly 5 months ............ (or ever if people cant be bothered)

• Like 2

6 guests plus 1 r/r.

But Busting Chapman wants more guests.

So is he going to scrap r/r?

I heard Busting Chapman would really like for 2018 a UK pool of riders from who each weeks "team" could be built. This would enable lots of flexibility for team managers and allow for the illness factor for riders.

• Like 1

I heard Busting Chapman would really like for 2018 a UK pool of riders from who each weeks "team" could be built. This would enable lots of flexibility for team managers and allow for the illness factor for riders.

I think I advocated this a year ago!!

Here's his template...http : //www.fantasy-speedway.com/game/login.asp ;)

Edited by Bear_Bottom

Following the promoter's recent comments calling for all fans to show they care about Newcastle Speedway by turning up for the remaining Newcastle home fixtures. Newcastle fans should turn up in force despite the nature of the double header, meaningless matches, standing around for 30 heats, extra admission cost, makeshift visiting team(s) etc. If we don't turn up in decent numbers for the double header we will be sending a message to the promoters that we don't really care after all! :cry: So please don't be put off. We need to show our support via the turnstiles. :t:

• Like 3

The bears are hopefully going to track 1 A Summers 2 D Wallinger 3 r/r C Wright 4 Jonas B Andersen 5 Josh Auty 6 Nathan Greaves 7 James Sargent

The bears are hopefully going to track 1 A Summers 2 D Wallinger 3 r/r C Wright 4 Jonas B Andersen 5 Josh Auty 6 Nathan Greaves 7 James Sargent

and number 8 Gavin Parr

half decent score from sarj tonight 6 and 3 bonus , but bonus points dont count towards the final points tally and it took 7 rides to get those points .

and number 8 Gavin Parr

Really hope that the Bears give Gavin Parr at least one ride. He has been around Newcastle speedway all of his life and he deserves the chance of riding in a competitive fixture

at Brough Park even if it is for the wrong team

• Like 1