British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Doubble Header 22 October

No but it would make more teams break even

But, the (potential) problem is, if the admission costs remain the same, are fans willing to pay it, to see 2 races less?

• Like 1

the answer was always there , just go back to the 70s format . 13 heats + a 2nd half. 2 local talent races .( thats where you find your next generation of speedway riders .

That would likely be the final nail in the coffin of UK speedway.

• Like 1

so what was wrong with the 13 ht formula?

it worked for years and then the cost cutters came in .

local guys gey a few laps after the meeting , but it wont bring them on .

sure we have development/nl setups . but you cant beat juniors being involved in the meeting, it make them feel good .

not everyone want to be part of a team in the nl .

and dont forget the rider of the night , that kept the fans back until the final had been run .

scrap all this tac ride rubbish , everyone to get their quota of rides .

look at the play off,s and cup meeting , close and no rubbish tac rides . just how it should be .

15-heat-formula is better.

Second half rider-of-the-night competitions once had their place, but had become abused - there was never a full compliment of riders in them.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

cost cut and provide a weaker product will just accelerate the decline..... this was predicted by many last winter when team limit cut to 40

im all for giving british youngsters a chance but the reserve policy this been a complete failure and provided many predictable races

when riders like morris and wilson dean were riding at 6 ..... you knew 5& 6 could get a 5-1 or 1-5

watching 4 weak reserve riders take 16 races and struggle to get around the track is not my idea of entertainment

they should have stuck to 1 nl at 7 and a 42,50 average

speedway needs to get meetings done in 90 minutes with other efforts by promoters to improve the product

The voice of sanity.

I think the whole of speedway is at a crossroads,I have watched from afar this year and the whole sport is a mess mainly caused by the doubling up/down rule and I think the general public are getting cheesed of with constantly watching teams with guest,R/R or NL replacements for teams top riders, for years the PL was always a great product and the EL struggled I think the BSPA have destroyed the PL in their search to make the EL better, if you look at most EL teams bar the odd rider they are full of PL riders they need to get their house in order, all speedway promotors need to get together and do what's best for the sport not the individual.

I agree with others in that the stipulations for reserves just hasn't worked and it has watered down the product and not delivered what it was set out to do, bring back the 42.5 points limit and let the promotors build a team to their means which ever way they can within the limit.

I would hate to see Newcastle close as I think they have one of the better promotions out there and I feel the actions/decisions of others may have an effect on us

• Like 2