Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Doubble Header 22 October

A mixed reaction for young Robert last night ........... even the promoters weren't expecting him ..... toft in as cover and George's tongue in cheek comments about Roberts recovery

I did note Roy didn't ask Robert about the smash he was involved in ............ which injured his leg :party::nono:

And the rumours were true yesterday .......... the cookie monster is out for 7 days under BSPA ruling

Not quite. Try SCB not BSPA . They're not the same.

Just read that Redcar will be using 6 guests and R/R at Sheffield on Thursday. They had wanted to use Jacob Bukhave as he's a Redcar asset but this has been refused (you cant have riders riding for their own team apparently).

I assume the team line up will be similar on Sunday.

Edited by Yearbyred

Just read that Redcar will be using 6 guests and R/R at Sheffield on Thursday. They had wanted to use Jacob Bukhave as hes a Redcar asset but this has been refused (you cant have riders riding for their own team apparently).

WOW - Bingo.

Full house.

Switch the lights off on the way out.

Jonas B might be back for the weekend.

• Like 1

WOW - Bingo.

Full house.

Switch the lights off on the way out.

Jonas B might be back for the weekend.

Thats Jonas Might B Anderson.

Jonas will be back for Sunday, our fixture at Sheffield was originally planned for Monday but they brought it forward, meaning jonas was unavailable

Just read that Redcar will be using 6 guests and R/R at Sheffield on Thursday. They had wanted to use Jacob Bukhave as hes a Redcar asset but this has been refused (you cant have riders riding for their own team apparently).

Brilliant....😁😁😁

And to think some people and much of the media don't take British Speedway seriously....

Hope Sheffield have extra turnstiles on, don't want the queues backing up too far...

Edited by mikebv

I avnt given up as such yet but went to the pictures instead of our meeting tonight mainly because I can't do the Golden Hammer next week so feel my seasons finished but like so many I can't take this season serious anymore

I avnt given up as such yet but went to the pictures instead of our meeting tonight mainly because I can't do the Golden Hammer next week so feel my seasons finished but like so many I can't take this season serious anymore

The season has been a complete shsmbles from the doubling up/down rule to lack of fixtures in the height of summer.

The ruling body have made a complete and utter balls up of the sport , and it may be terminal thanks mainly to them being totally incompetent.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 5

The season has been a complete shsmbles from the doubling up/down rule to lack of fixtures in the height of summer.

The ruling body have made a complete and utter balls up of the sport , and it may be terminal thanks mainly to them being totally incompetent.

Ya being very polite there mind Gazc.

6 guests plus 1 r/r.

But Busting Chapman wants more guests.

So is he going to scrap r/r?

well its hardly a surprise given the league only had 10 teams and 70 riders to choose from .... and riders like bach and kus were left with no teams

we need a bigger league

Not quite. Try SCB not BSPA . They're not the same.

I do apologise ..........

well its hardly a surprise given the league only had 10 teams and 70 riders to choose from .... and riders like bach and kus were left with no teams

we need a bigger league

I do apologise ..........

Apology accepted. lol.

The BSPA get a lot of stick. Mostly justified.

The SCB don't seem to get any stick at all, yet they deserve to get a lot of it, especially when they twist and ignore, or go against the governing body's rules.

I just like to see the knife stuck in the proper place.

He may be an asset but he's not in there declared 1 to 7 or is he in anybody elses. So tough. There would have been hell on this forum if Wolves had brought Woffinden back to ride in the playoffs, KOC final. He's a wolves asset. However stupid the rule appears it needs to be applied consistently

The SCB don't seem to get any stick at all, yet they deserve to get a lot of it, especially when they twist and ignore, or go against the governing body's rules.

I just like to see the knife stuck in the proper place.

They ARE the governing body. They are THEIR regulations.

He may be an asset but he's not in there declared 1 to 7 or is he in anybody elses. So tough. There would have been hell on this forum if Wolves had brought Woffinden back to ride in the playoffs, KOC final. He's a wolves asset. However stupid the rule appears it needs to be applied consistently

We already seem to have "consistently applied stupidity" in the sport so at least we are off to a good start (or possibly all 4 back with a warning for Garrity)

• Like 1

Whilst I totally agree rules should be applied consistently across the board, you do wonder if a bit of commonsense could be applied at times. Fine if the match had relevance ie affected play-off positions, actually a play-off match or a cup match - then it would be appropriate to enforce the ruling, however these last two matches for redcar are meaningless fixtures which should have been held weeks/months ago but for various reasons were not and now just need to be completed. It's obvious that they have been crippled by injuries (not just a cough/sneeze) and have suggested a way to make the team representing the Bears look a little like an actual Bears team - you never know by including Bukhave it might just persuade some fans to travel and watch the match, thereby benefitting the home promotions. I certainly don't see it as a way to vastly strengthen the team!!

• Like 1