British Speedway Forum

Hi, can anyone give me a rough idea how much a riders fuel cost per meeting? Enquiring with a view of possible sponsorship.

Thanks.

£5 roughly depending on number of races.

Is that with additives or without?! Or does it depend on the size of the tank? :wink::wink::shock::shock:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

This could soon become quite an explosive topic. :lol:

Is that with additives or without?! Or does it depend on the size of the tank? :wink::wink::shock::shock:

• Like 1

Depends on weather you use Regular or Performance +, the later is far better if you want to cheat the opposition out of points money, but you will come back down to earth in the FIM meetings, but there are ways round this.

• Like 1

normal sponsor deals they buy the rider 5 litres per meeting . Bought from spares van £7-8 . bought from builders merchants or chemical suppliers in 25 litre drums £25

That shocked me - the Fuel is a lot cheaper than I thought it was. :shock::shock::shock:

That shocked me - the Fuel is a lot cheaper than I thought it was. :shock::shock::shock:

I don't think there is the usual taxes that apply to petrol TWK. Probably just VAT. I think methanol is wood alcohol, but I wouldn't recommend you start drinking it TWK! Stick to your whisky and soda! :drink:

• Like 2

I don't think there is the usual taxes that apply to petrol TWK. Probably just VAT. I think methanol is wood alcohol, but I wouldn't recommend you start drinking it TWK! Stick to your whisky and soda! :drink:

Whisky and SODA!!! :shock::shock:

Good God man have you no taste? :shock:

I wouldn't ruin a good Single Malt with SODA WATER. :mad::mad:

Bloody hell - there are limits you know Ray. :o;):P

• Like 1

Judging by how much riders are now said to be paid, I should think that the fuel cost is insignificant and probably no rider is urgently seeking such minimal sponsorship. I was under the impression that it was supplied centrally in the pits?

Well, if anyone wants to sponsor fuel (or oil, which is expensive) there are any number of Development League riders out there who would be grateful! As they don't get paid at all.

• Like 1

Any kind of sponsorship is appreciated by the majority of riders.

How much do you think they get paid?

No it is not freely distributed in the UK as it is in Poland.

Edited by KN1
  • Like 1

Yeah, but they make Vodka with whats left over

• Like 1

If only we knew? No-one is prepared to break the Code of Silence over even basic pay rates are they? So they can't be too bad can they and doubling up riders must be well off. With what I have heard as £100 a point ( no idea if start money is now paid ) at Championship level and £200 per point ( minimum ) at Premier league level.. It looks as if no doubling up rider is earning less than £250,000 gross income from riding speedway - plus whatever income he can glean from sponsors ( which in some cases can be very considerable ). Yes, of course Development League riders who do not get paid could do with anything in the way of sponsorship. Let's hear about pay rates from someone in the know?