British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Sheffield Tigers Champ 15 October 6.30pm

He should be banned tomorrow for missing Mondays match, cant believe any Newcastle fan would want him to ride after costing you the cup match

He didn't cost us the cup match, it was his inferior replacement and his double agent job ;)

amongst other things.

Steve, half of tonight's field wern't in the original lineup, are you happy that he felt no obligation to fulfill his contract with Newcastle by missing last week with a 2 week sicknote, yet rides today?

• Like 2

But, he wasn't in the original staging, so why should he be in tonight?

Meanwhile, he's just put on his Robert Lambert Racing Facebook page:

"Today K participated at the Friendship Speedway Trophy. Track was really good and I felt good too there is not much to say. I have got the second place which is okey. It was nice to ride there 1f60a.png

At the moment we are watching SEC in Lublin before flying to England for the Newcastle Diamonds tomorrow" (Copied and Pasted directly from the page)

He wasn't in the original line up because of the stupidity of speedway rules and apparently polish playoffs supercede our leagues riders championship

lambert is number 1 in our averages and should be there tonight

as he should have been in our side on Monday night

and his absence was the biggest reason for our defeat

what is more appalling is a blatant lie was told to the Newcastle supporters

he was in a crash and injured his leg and was out for at least 2 weeks

we all know this was a total lie ...... yet the authorities and our promoters have said nothing .......... in fact they still have the story that Robert was hurt on the website

perhaps between the heats tomorrow we can watch the video clips of Robert scoring his untroubled maximum last sunday.......... just a thought

Steve, half of tonight's field wern't in the original lineup, are you happy that he felt no obligation to fulfill his contract with Newcastle by missing last week with a 2 week sicknote, yet rides today?

well said ernie ........... obviously Roberts conract with the diamonds means nothing from the 1st of september

• Like 3

Those who are riding tonight are in it due to injuries/withdrawals from those originally it therefore hadn't originally qualified, so there is a massive difference to the RL situation.

I'm not entirely delighted he missed last Monday's match (I wasn't too happy that I missed it as well!!), but, providing (after he rode today) he's there tomorrow, can we not give him the benefit of the doubt that he aggravated his knee injury (once the adrenalin has died down it's amazing how often you realise you've hurt yourself) and, after originally thought he'd be out for two weeks, he has recovered enough to ride?

We just seem to knock riders (sometime legitimately, sometimes not) too easily, without knowing what is really going on.

Edited by Steve Park

Those who are riding tonight are in it due to injuries/withdrawals from those originally it therefore hadn't originally qualified, so there is a massive difference to the RL situation.

I'm not entirely delighted he missed last Monday's match (I wasn't too happy that I missed it as well!!), but, providing (after he rode today) he's there tomorrow, can we not give him the benefit of the doubt that he aggravated his knee injury (once the adrenalin has died down it's amazing how often you realise you've hurt yourself) and, after originally thought he'd be out for two weeks, he has recovered enough to ride?

We just seem to knock riders (sometime legitimately, sometimes not) too easily, without knowing what is really going on.

He has been taking the pi$$ out of Kings Lynn and Newcastle most of the season- including riding in Poland on Sunday and Sweden on Tuesday but with a sicknote for Britain inbetween, and last Monday was just plain Ludicrous yet still some can`t see it !!!!!!

• Like 6

Steve - are you for real .......... aggaravated his knee ????? have you seen the video

and it was already known he was riding in poland this saturday in the open meeting

im going to go out on a limb here ............. i bet on sunday night he didn't tell the polish organisers he was out for 2 weeks

lambert should have been at Newcastle on monday and at glasgow representing the club that has paid (some) of his wages this year

and its not knocking riders for fun,,,,, I WAS a huge lambert fan but his behaviour has been unacceptable

perhaps people in the sport should stop taking the supporters for mugs

• Like 3

If an employee is allowed to take the p!ss, without his employers able to do anything to stop it,,,

who's is actually taking the p!ss ?

• Like 1

Steve, I think the evidence against Robert is fairly damming, feeling 'not exactly delighted' at his actions makes me suspect that you feel you can really see no wrong in his actions, call me old fashioned, but I believe my word is my bond, and I have a moral responsibility to fulfill any and all obligations that I have agreed to. Is this something that you cannot agree with?

Edited by diamond ernie
  • Like 3

Steve, I think the evidence against Robert is fairly damming, feeling 'not exactly delighted' at his actions makes me suspect that you feel you can really see no wrong in his actions, call me old fashioned, but I believe my word is my bond, and I have a moral responsibility to fulfill any and all obligations that I have agreed to. Is this something that you cannot agree with?

All I'm saying (or at least trying to!) is this. I don't know if he was genuinely injured for last Monday's meeting or not, and I suspect, neither do you, for definite. To some, clearly, he's taking the Mick, but, and call me old fashioned too here, I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt, until it's proved for definite, otherwise.

Well so we have it then, here are the expected line ups........

Newcastle Diamonds

1. Robert Lambert
2. Ashley Morris
3. Stuart Robson
4. Ludvig Lindgren
5. Steve Worrall
6. Ben Hopwood
7. Alfie Bowtell

Sheffield Tigers

1. Scott Nicholls (G)
2. Todd Kurtz
3. Ty Proctor (G)
4. Kyle Howarth R/R
5. Lasse Bjerre
6. Jan Graversen
7. Georgie Wood

Edited by mike7164

He didn't cost us the cup match, it was his inferior replacement and his double agent job ;)

amongst other things.

Is that an excuse for Robert Lambert being AWOL.

Is that an excuse for Robert Lambert being AWOL.

no,,, but if he had have been there, its still not a guaranteed win.

Edited by ruffdiamond

But, he wasn't in the original staging, so why should he be in tonight?

Meanwhile, he's just put on his Robert Lambert Racing Facebook page:

"Today K participated at the Friendship Speedway Trophy. Track was really good and I felt good too there is not much to say. I have got the second place which is okey. It was nice to ride there 1f60a.png

At the moment we are watching SEC in Lublin before flying to England for the Newcastle Diamonds tomorrow" (Copied and Pasted directly from the page)

and you are happy about the two week mystery injury clearing up in a week so he can earn a lot of money in Poland?

amongst other things.

You wouldn't have needed a replacement if he had ridden

• Like 1