British Speedway Forum

Stuart Robson is a solid rider both home and away. From the team I have picked, there would be improvement elsewhere imo. MD makes a valid point, he has consistently outshone Lawson and Summers around Ashfield this year. He is box office when it comes to overtaking around Ashfield too.

Another option could be a return for Rene Bach?

From what I am hearing the team will be built around Harris, Worrall and Sarjeant, it depends what the points limit is, anyone got any ideas of what the points limit could be?

From what I am hearing the team will be built around Harris, Worrall and Sarjeant, it depends what the points limit is, anyone got any ideas of what the points limit could be?

somewhere between 35 and 50 😛

funny that . we have heard the same thing about harris being at workington next season . if its not in print , dont

believe it .

even when its in print . its not true .

anyhow , how is harris going to ride for glasgow on a saturday night when he is riding for rye on saturdays .. just a thought .

funny that . we have heard the same thing about harris being at workington next season . if its not in print , dontbelieve it .even when its in print . its not true .anyhow , how is harris going to ride for glasgow on a saturday night when he is riding for rye on saturdays .. just a thought .

Bombercould ride for Glasgow on a Saturday as Rye would likely be on a Monday or Thursday if in top league

Beware taking a rider on the way down, Joe Screen was immense in his first season but the next two were painful.

• Like 3

funny that . we have heard the same thing about harris being at workington next season . if its not in print , dont

believe it .

even when its in print . its not true .

anyhow , how is harris going to ride for glasgow on a saturday night when he is riding for rye on saturdays .. just a thought .

I personally wouldn't want Harris at workington next season. Been a good rider but unfortunately is on the downward spiral now. In fact he isn't even a number 1 in the so called 2nd tier.

• Like 1

I think Lawson will stay and Worrell will be on his way.

I think it will be Lawson who leaves, with Worrall staying, possibly joined by his brother Steve.

Time will tell.

I think both will be gone. Could be 3 new heat leaders

Edited by MANSE

Since everyone else is pretending they know something I think IF Richard leaves it will be because he thinks it is right for him. Assuming he will sign for lakeside or Somerset in the premier league it would make sense for him to cut out the weekly trip upto Glasgow and sign for another championship team. At least Glasgow will get 2 loan fees. Would be good to build side around lunna and Bewley

• Like 1

I think both worrell could end up back at Newcastle .

Cos he can consistently outrun Summers on his home track who is an 8.00! The points saved could bolster the lower and middle order.

You sure about that one? Sure he goes pretty well at times. But then so does Summers - at times. Overall the stats don't lie and to get about 8 point average then you will appreciate that on average over the season he is better than a rider attaining a 7.20 average. The other thing is age - at about 40 years of age Robson is doing well but he's on the down slope so little chance of improvement. Same could be said of Summers as far as prospects for improving goes but I'd personally be inclined to take Robson on say a 5.8 - 6 point (slightly false/low) average as a second string that can chip in now and again like a heat leader which is really what a 7 point rider (actual scoring ave) is gonna do imho. And I appreciate you know all this stuff anyway.

And yes I don't have any solutions nor alternatives to suggest so I will shut up now. :)

1. Richie Worrall

2. Nike Lunna

3. Jake Allen

4. Dan Bewley

5. Stuart Robson

6. James Sargeant

7. Jack Smith

Appreciate his virtues, but the stats don't lie - with an average of about 7 Robson wouldn't stand up to riding as one of the top 2 i.e. at either 1 or 5. He's also about 40 years of age and on the down slope with little or no prospect of improvement, more likely a reduction in average. I'd gladly take him on say a 5.8 or 6 point average as a second string that can pitch at times like a heat leader but for every stellar performance a 7 point ave rider will have a stinker to balance it out.

I'm afraid you can't get a quart out of a pint pot. To be a top 2 rider at either 1 or 5 you want either an established a top liner that's around 9 point ave or a young rider that's on the way up on a rising average and unfortunately Robson fits neither of those pre-requisites.