British Speedway Forum

I think both worrell could end up back at Newcastle .

If Newcastle are running and that's by no means certain.

You sure about that one? Sure he goes pretty well at times. But then so does Summers - at times. Overall the stats don't lie and to get about 8 point average then you will appreciate that on average over the season he is better than a rider attaining a 7.20 average. The other thing is age - at about 40 years of age Robson is doing well but he's on the down slope so little chance of improvement. Same could be said of Summers as far as prospects for improving goes but I'd personally be inclined to take Robson on say a 5.8 - 6 point (slightly false/low) average as a second string that can chip in now and again like a heat leader which is really what a 7 point rider (actual scoring ave) is gonna do imho. And I appreciate you know all this stuff anyway.

And yes I don't have any solutions nor alternatives to suggest so I will shut up now. :)

Some good points there. Robson has added a point to his average in half a season with NCL whereas Aaron has lost a bit less than that over a full season. I suppose the gamble is if Aaron goes to another team he puts those points back on. Or we keep him for 2018 and his average doesnt bottom out, early season anyway. Or he may just get his average back up. The same could be said for Robson who may have peaked at 7.20 and head backwards in 2018. I dont see age being an issue, he uses his experience well. He does have a liking for our track and its refreshing to see, though i agree not capable of being at the top of the order.

Much will depend on how we structure the team. Three heat leaders and a weak bottom end hasnt worked this year IMO. We have gone through the pain barrier with Jack Smith, do we keep him and hope 2018 is his breakthrough year or farm him out and hope he continues his education as a slow burner.

a weak bottom end

An ailment I suffer from after a curry. :P

Jack Smith - yep having taken the hit this season prob better to keep for next season and reap any improvement.

Summers - I agree he's lost some ground from last year and am also unsure whether his average will recover or bottom out but seems his future may be elsewhere.

Jack Smith has never lived up to expectations. I think people expected him to do alot better than he did, which is a shame because he has been one of the better 2 pointers in the league, it just seems to be that his style lets him down a bit at certain tracks.

as the great carl stonehewer once said . get your style sorted out and your speed will come . from the pie man himself .

Jack Smith has never lived up to expectations. I think people expected him to do alot better than he did, which is a shame because he has been one of the better 2 pointers in the league, it just seems to be that his style lets him down a bit at certain tracks.

Still trying to work out what you are trying to say

• Like 2

I also tried to work out what you're saying.

You say "Jack Smith has never lived up to expectations" - well if he was say in his mid or late 30's that might make sense but he's only a teenager in his first season so "has never" doesn't seem to be an appropriate categorisation.

You then say "which is a shame because he has been one of the better 2 pointers in the league" - so all things being relative he's done well according to your own statement.

• Like 3

Team Predictions?

I know the season isn't over for some people but with Sheffield winning the championship it is pretty much done and time to be looking at the future.

My predicted 1-7 next year isn't complete yet but this is what I think so far:

1. Richie Worrall 8.58

2. Dan Bewley 6.04

3. Jake Allen 6.08

4. Nike Lunna 5.90

5. ??

6. James Sarjeant 3.19

7. Kyle Bickley 2.00

So how many of your handpicked 1 - 7 have away averages of more than 8 ?? Is it just the one ??

Surely this goes against your ethos that you've been espousing and castigating Glasgow for.

I've asked again seeing as you ducked the question when I asked before on this thread. I guess we could be waiting a while. ;)

So how many of your handpicked 1 - 7 have away averages of more than 8 ?? Is it just the one ??

Surely this goes against your ethos that you've been espousing and castigating Glasgow for.

I've asked again seeing as you ducked the question when I asked before on this thread. I guess we could be waiting a while. ;)

Does the rider in your eyes have to have an average above 8 to be value for money?

What I am saying is that these riders are who I think will be at Glasgow, not neceserally who I want.

Somebody like Josh at 5 and that would be a good team. Five riders their who would all improve their averages and that's what wins cups. My only change may have to replace Bewley

Does the rider in your eyes have to have an average above 8 to be value for money?

What I am saying is that these riders are who I think will be at Glasgow, not neceserally who I want.

Interesting ;) you've made it clear you don't want summers and Lawson and you don't necessarily want the team you have predicted. So who do you want

• Like 1

Would love Jack Smith at Peterborough next year, if we run. Rode well on our track, & can only see him getting better.

Can't see us loaning him out think we will stick with Jack.

No point in nursing him through this season only to loan him next and lose any potential improvement.

• Like 3