British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh raced on Saturdays at Meadowbank.

Well i never i thought Fridays have always been there race night.

Or not as it seems, did we not give our Friday seniority to them for financial gain way back in the 80s i think.

We will have to find an alternate raceday when we visit the already established Friday teams. Most likely this would be a Saturday or Sunday. Lakeside rejoining may also be a Friday club.

Edited by MD

Edinburgh Fri, Peterborough (?) I think is it? Lakeside may have been put off by Friday traffic from what I recall. Hopefully we keep Sunday as our alternative raceday as it suits a lot of people who can't make it on a Friday.

TBH the Saturday teams are the ones who will be affected most IMO. Isn't that 4 or 5 Saturday teams?

Friday has always been our race night and that wont change. We only have permission to race fridays.

Least they got their Friday eventually after throwing the toys out the pram.

Did the Dale Devils not race on a Saturday afternoon plus did Monarchs not race the Play Off finals in 2014 and 2015 on a Saturday night

Did the Dale Devils not race on a Saturday afternoon plus did Monarchs not race the Play Off finals in 2014 and 2015 on a Saturday night

Yes but no longer have permission I believe for that, if we want to ride any other day need to ask for permission to host on another night other than Friday.

With Lakeside , Peterborough and Ipswich all in our league the possibility for a decent southern tour exists . All I need is for the fixture planner to use some common sense and I can start saving up some beer tokens :drink:

• Like 2

Well i never i thought Fridays have always been there race night.

Or not as it seems, did we not give our Friday seniority to them for financial gain way back in the 80s i think.

Didn't give them seniority, only didn't object to them running on Fridays. Lorry load of shale was the fee I believe. :cheers:

• Like 1

If its true that Sarj has singed for Glasgow then you lot are laughing! Relaxed the starting rules now so as long as you don't touch the tapes its a fair start. Sarj could be a heat leader by June!

If its true that Sarj has singed for Glasgow then you lot are laughing! Relaxed the starting rules now so as long as you don't touch the tapes its a fair start. Sarj could be a heat leader by June!

Fair point to be fair i have seen him make some cracking starts without moving.

But was always pulled back unfairly a lot of the time.

• Like 3

Fair point to be fair i have seen him make some cracking starts without moving.

But was always pulled back unfairly a lot of the time.

He made a cracker for Workington in the last match of the season at Ashfield and to be fair to mcgregor he did not call it back, which surprised a good few people

He made a cracker for Workington in the last match of the season at Ashfield and to be fair to mcgregor he did not call it back, which surprised a good few people

Both must have been practising for next season