British Speedway Forum

All these bitter people out their what does your teams starting average come to 42.50 yes same as Glasgow so how does money give us a advantage.Riders know they get paid at Glasgow not having to wait also their is some excellent sponsors there.I think most riders in the league have been in touch with Glasgow but we can only start at 42.50 same as everybody else.

• Like 3

All these bitter people out their what does your teams starting average come to 42.50 yes same as Glasgow so how does money give us a advantage.Riders know they get paid at Glasgow not having to wait also their is some excellent sponsors there.I think most riders in the league have been in touch with Glasgow but we can only start at 42.50 same as everybody else.

Not bitter, just dissapointed we couldn’t hang on to him, but I accept getting married and a new baby means he goes for the best deal for him and good luck to him the bloke is worth every penny.

I am sure the big signing on fee had absoloutly nothing to do with his decision.

• Like 1

Not bitter, just dissapointed we couldn’t hang on to him, but I accept getting married and a new baby means he goes for the best deal for him and good luck to him the bloke is worth every penny.

I am sure the big signing on fee had absoloutly nothing to do with his decision.

Fair point I wasn't having a pop at you personally but the amount of bile on here about Glasgow and snide digs is way beyond a joke now.

What was the signing on fee as it appears you know ? genuine question.

Edited by Gazc

Fair point I wasn't having a pop at you personally but the amount of bile on here about Glasgow and snide digs is way beyond a joke now.

We had exactly the same when Rick Frost owned Peterborough, but money on its own doesn’t guarantee any success as he showed in his time at Peterborough.

How much was the signing on fee or more make up.[Allied are sponsors of Harris ]

All the bitterness will get worse Gazc when they see the names that we add each day happy days ahead

Unfortunately I think the jealousy will only build.

I hope you guys can let it flow over and enjoy what you have - a forward thinking proactive promotion that wants to redefine how to do things and show the ways that others should follow.

Speedway needs more like this if it is to re-establish itself and get back to any kind of 'glory days' as a whole.

I still hope you finish 2nd to Ipswich mind 👍

• Like 6

Or maybe it was the way Workington treated their reserves. What happened to Shuttleworth did he not walk out maybe James decided to plod on then look for a new start next season

could you tell us all how workington treated their reserves was it non payment, verbal abuse or something else .

you seem to know , but we dont at the moment

royno was not a reserve when he left .

rob shuttleworth was doing ok and craig and ty were helping him out with certain things ( starting etc ) rob left on his own cos he could not make it pay

and continued to ride for the colts . pity , because he was improving until his crash .

james came in and went downhill faster than a lead baloon . if you couldnt see what was happening , you must have been blind .

but thats all water under the bridge now .

so whatever went on with the reserves was their own doing , nothing to do with workington speedway .

so come on MANSE , do tell us all just what went on with the reserves @ workington . dont be shy , your mother wasnt !

could you tell us all how workington treated their reserves was it non payment, verbal abuse or something else .

you seem to know , but we dont at the moment

royno was not a reserve when he left .

rob shuttleworth was doing ok and craig and ty were helping him out with certain things ( starting etc ) rob left on his own cos he could not make it pay

and continued to ride for the colts . pity , because he was improving until his crash .

james came in and went downhill faster than a lead baloon . if you couldnt see what was happening , you must have been blind .

but thats all water under the bridge now .

so whatever went on with the reserves was their own doing , nothing to do with workington speedway .

so come on MANSE , do tell us all just what went on with the reserves @ workington . dont be shy , your mother wasnt !

Manse doesn't claim to know what went on.

Or Maybe being his opening salvo is probably the giveaway for me anyway.

• Like 1

Your are a sad mug jenga,

Miss the point and then when you cant make one resort to mother jibes.

If MANSE is ages with you his Mother has likely passed away so..you need to wind your neck in sunshine.

Your obsessed and possessed by the tigers and not in a funny way more like the way a perverse man would pray on a child. As i said SAD.

• Like 4

No idea just looking at the picture as I see it Shuttleworth quit Sarjeant not enjoying it not a good sign Re remarks about my mother I think its time for a apology or I will be thinking about report button

Edited by MANSE

So u don't think he was keeping his average down on purpose?

No. 100% not. I don't believe any rider have ever spent a prolonged period getting his average down. I can well believe that that the odd rider has fiddled the odd meeting (I've seen Chris Harris do it when it was rumoured their would be one 8+ rider only in 2008 so he averaged 7.99 :D) and the odd meeting has been thrown by a club once they have nothing to gain (Poole at Oxford circa-2005) but James Sarjeant had nothing to gain. Why would he spend a season dropping points (and losing money) so he could fit into another team the following season? It's totally illogical.

James is a confidence rider. Anyone who has watched him will know he goes through good spells and bad spells. When referees start calling back his good and fair starts (and I accept some were a bit suspect) it probably got to him. If he makes a good start it's pulled back and if he doesn't he's at the back and he doesn't exactly have the greatest of ability when coming from the back. After a while that is going to ruin his confidence.

Two good signings IMO. Harris will always make up in effort and entertainment what he may lack in points some days. 10 years watching him ride for Coventry home and away and I can only ever remember one time I left a meeting angry with him (poor meeting at Lakeside in the KOC but he wasnt never that good there) but I also think theres some significant improvement in his average if he can settle at Glasgow and ride it will. His home/away split is very neutral at the moment - but then it often has been throughout his career, the positive there is that he scores well away (just not really at Lakeside!)

As for Sarj, he had a terrible year in 2017. When you consider in '15 he got 5+ at reserve and then in '16 he got 5+ as a second string (at a different track) then realistically his level is that of a 5+ rider, so starting in reserve on 3.2(?) he can add 2-3 points to that depending on if he stays in reserve of moves into the 1-5 and thats without any improvement. Throw in that he's not going to have 30% of his races called back and he could find another 1-2 point a meeting from that too! HE could IMO hit a 7 point average in 2018. Good luck to him, I have a soft spot for James, I don't know why because as a rider he is quite flawed but I really like him, probably because I feel hes been hard done by with regards to referees.

No idea just looking at the picture as I see it Shuttleworth quit Sarjeant not enjoying it not a good sign Re remarks about my mother I think its time for a apology or I will be thinking about report button

aye , prob right . posted that comment without thinking , so i am sorry about that .

• Like 3

Sarj will be one of the biggest improver next season and good luck to him and Glasgow. Forward thinking promotion, showing some of the old guard how it should be done and how speedway could be a success.

• Like 4

i do think sarj will up his average , but is it fair on the previous employer who hires him and then he sees his 5.5 man drop like a brick and then suddenly be in line on a bargain average ( wolbert etc)

and then come out in the ss and say he will be on a bargain average for next season .

its only a bargain avere if the rider KNOWS he WILL increase his points tally .

his riding in blu n white was poor and his guest roles were outstanding . make your own mind up ..

Unfortunately I think the jealousy will only build.

I hope you guys can let it flow over and enjoy what you have - a forward thinking proactive promotion that wants to redefine how to do things and show the ways that others should follow.

Speedway needs more like this if it is to re-establish itself and get back to any kind of 'glory days' as a whole.

I still hope you finish 2nd to Ipswich mind 👍

Exactly this. The jealousy and bitterness towards Glasgow is tedious, the way the club is run and promoted is an example for others to follow, all people want to do is snipe because they may pay more than their own club, utterly boring.

I'd also suggest that injuries had an awful lot to do with them not going much closer to the league title last year.

• Like 5