British Speedway Forum

Adam Roynon turned up at Newcastle's Dinner Dance a few years back. It didn't mean to say he was going to sign though.

Thats why i said 'might'.

roynons a great guy though aint he

always very friendly with fans from all teams

I had a chat with him, mainly about Barrow-in-Furness and how it hadn't changed much since I left the place in 1971! He also said that Tony Mole had asked him about the chances of getting speedway back in the town.

Pull the other one. How much time, effort and money does it take to use social media properly? Glasgow do a great job of it. Its free if you really want it to be all he way up to pay a dedicated person 30k a year.

How many clubs interact on twitter? How many clubs set up events for people to be invited to on Facebook? How many have an app that pops up notifications on people phones about news, signings and results?

All so easy and can be done very cheap.

Spot on mate.

In 2016 and 2017 it was all done by volunteers, not one penny paid in wages. Not one!

Those clubs/people who don't even try to emulate us on the basis of cost are short changing their own fans.

Anyone can do it. Anyone!

The question is not finance, it's whether or not the club/individuals have the will to do it.

All good and well but no other club has the finances available like Glasgow to run or promote their club in the way they do. Taking nothing away from the job they are doing but no all clubs can afford to promote their clubs on such big scales.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 2

Exactly George.

Im glad Ipswich has embraced social media and fan engagement (over the last year or so particularly) and I believe it is working.

A short video from each rider signed as part of the release of the team tonight.

Cam in Oz, Nico in Italy and new signing Haertel in Germany but still easily set up nowadays.

• Like 3

Exactly George.

Im glad Ipswich has embraced social media and fan engagement (over the last year or so particularly) and I believe it is working.

A short video from each rider signed as part of the release of the team tonight.

Cam in Oz, Nico in Italy and new signing Haertel in Germany but still easily set up nowadays.

The sport needs every club to do this.

All that's happened at Glasgow is a few like-minded people have been galvanised to get the job done.

It costs nowt.

Any club telling it's fans otherwise is misleading them.

There is nothing to stop every single poster on this Forum to do the same thing - volunteer your services to your club.

If you can type a message on here, you can run an Instagram, Twitter, Facebook page.

IN OTHER WORDS - STOP MOANING, STOP HIDING BEHIND FINANCIAL COST MYTHS - GET UP OFF YOUR ARSE AND DO SOMETHING TO PUBLICISE YOUR CLUB/SPORT.

The only downside - you might have some fun along the way!

• Like 5

Exactly George.

Spot on. The Ipswich announcements tonight on twitter and facebook with the videos were how it should be done.I also really like Ipswichs website. Ipswich like Glasgow are doing the internet well.

Edited by SCB

Spot on mate.

In 2016 and 2017 it was all done by volunteers, not one penny paid in wages. Not one!

Those clubs/people who don't even try to emulate us on the basis of cost are short changing their own fans.

Anyone can do it. Anyone!

The question is not finance, it's whether or not the club/individuals have the will to do it.

perfect example of pasionate fans and promotion working together

some promotions wont allow fans to have anything to do with the club or even considor there views

• Like 2

reminds me of a lewis bridger photo . whatever happened to him ?

Was unhappy, but then course he will say that. Enjoy Starkey, the king of 0132's :approve: