British Speedway Forum

Like you MD, I'm a bit worried about another 2 point reserve. I thought lessons had been learned. If Sargeant remains fit we should be ok but if out with injury....oh dear.

I've seen Claus Vissing have some brilliant rides and I used to rate him highly and thought he was really going places but he kinda levelled out and can run hot and cold.

I had hoped for Kyle Newman as he was flying before his injury and made gradual improvement last year after his recovery.

If Claus rides consistently to his ability though, we should be very strong......except for the vulnerable reserve part.

Makes you think that we had done a deal with said 2 pointer long before the season ended, then the AGM removed the requirement to have one. In that scenario Vissing is the one that makes up the final numbers. The logic otherwise is lost on me.

Not convinced on signing Vissing but now he has signed he will get the fans full backing.

Strong team and with the final reserve position rumoured to be JPB with Sarjeant we should be ok well hopefully.

• Like 1

No done deal with. a no7 before season ended.He will hold his own against most reserves the team built strong top 5 and improved scoring from Sarjeant. Hopefully all stay fit

Very very good Glasgow side, no room for Jack Smith then.

Excellent side and will start as favourites.

Sarj will be 5+ min

If it is JPB then he will add at least a point.

Improvement still there for the 1-5 as well.

The only question mark could be Vissing but as he is likely to be in 2nd string position should still be strong.

Looking forward to some great match ups 👍

Bonus for glasgow is sarjaent will be at reserve all year cant see any of the top 5 dropping down. Astute team building to also get 3 3rd heatleaders at 2,3 and 4.

Claus Vissing is another " two heads " rider.

You never know which head he has on .either he will ride well or can't be bothered

• Like 1

Tough luck on Jack Smith and I feel a few more riders on 2.something may miss out for a 2.00 Rider, which does nothing for their progress at all. Its clearly a very good team but theres a heavy reliance on Sarj to stay fit all year.

Tough luck on Jack Smith and I feel a few more riders on 2.something may miss out for a 2.00 Rider, which does nothing for their progress at all. Its clearly a very good team but theres a heavy reliance on Sarj to stay fit all year.

Fit in body AND in mind. He is a volatile character prone to "losing it". 2018 is a genuine make or break year for him.

• Like 1

Fit in body AND in mind. He is a volatile character prone to "losing it". 2018 is a genuine make or break year for him.

Hope he doesn't spit the dummy like he did at Berwick last season.

Signing an expensive looking team built to win the league and nothing less.

Sent one rider away to lower his average and come back this year on a nice low 3+ average

Promoter on management committee so you can bend rules to suit yourselves

Racing on a Friday night

No obvious signings the other end of the M8 yet

You're not Glasgow speedway any more,you're Edinburgh in disguise

Looking forward to seeing the Glasgow Monarchs in their nice red,white,blue and yellow race suits

By the way,hope your track alterations this winter are not to turn it into a trick track as well.

Only joking-I think