British Speedway Forum

I have to admit its a good team that has been put together but it still smacks of a "money" team,anywhere else and we would be saying well done ,would harris and clarke been prepared to travel the long distance for anyone else?.

His name is Starke and he has raced for both Berwick and Newcastle, so the answer to your question is yes.

Glasgow do look good, a far more ballsy team than last year - they have replaced what was a very weak underbelly.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

not so smug now eh

6 still aint soo bad I guess, ill take that since I aint even a Glasgow fan, know more about your team that I do about my own Redcar, thought JPB was going berwick, ohh well, decent team, lets see if they can actually get a trophy this time or if they choke it like usual

If in saying that. how can you glory in a team that will win every meeting at Ashfield and not be challenged partly because of less from TR's. You either want big home wins or you don't.

Who gloried in it?..........it was just a statement. I think the next bit showed that I was doing anything but glorying in it.

If u think i and everybody else is wrong about the "money " i wont be slow to give it a rest ,but we cant all be wrong.

Having pots of cash means that we can compile a team with more than 42.50 points yay.

Oh no haud oan wait a mo.......

• Like 1

His name is Starke and he has raced for both Berwick and Newcastle, so the answer to your question is yes.

Glasgow do look good, a far more ballsy team than last year - they have replaced what was a very weak underbelly.

Only as a guest.

thought JPB was going berwick

So did a lot of us! :rolleyes:

Of course how poor of us not to use the promise of limitless Irn Bru, Post match Buckie and deep fried Mars bars to lure these riders from their Southern bases... We will do that next year so that it is fairer for you. ...

Get it right round 'ye

• Like 1

I have to admit its a good team that has been put together but it still smacks of a "money" team,anywhere else and we would be saying well done ,would harris and clarke been prepared to travel the long distance for anyone else?.

Come on now not allowed to mention money on this thread, most of our friends in the west get a little on edge with that word.

Starke is flying up for home meetings so no long drives for him.

So looks like the Tigeratti arent overly impressed with another season of a 2 pointer and what effectively becomes a six man team.

6 still aint soo bad I guess, ill take that since I aint even a Glasgow fan, know more about your team that I do about my own Redcar, thought JPB was going berwick, ohh well, decent team, lets see if they can actually get a trophy this time or if they choke it like usual

And if only your team were in a position to choke it.

That would make a change.

Come on now not allowed to mention money on this thread, most of our friends in the west get a little on edge with that word.

Starke is flying up for home meetings so no long drives for him.

First class from what i hear at a season long cost of 2 squillion.

First class from what i hear at a season long cost of 2 squillion.

Weren't you one of those that used to call Monarchs fans for their arrogant manner in here... That post stinks of it!

• Like 1

So looks like the Tigeratti arent overly impressed with another season of a 2 pointer and what effectively becomes a six man team.

Other than you? Who else?

• Like 1

It's good to read on hear that everybody knows what Glasgow are paying their riders.The main thing is they know they will get paid you can now post the rates of pay Glasgow are paying their riders don't be shy, await the answers

• Like 1

Difference is we dont spend the kind of money you do (Which I havent got a problem with, if you have it spend it) but my point is coz we dont pay big money we dont expect to be winning the league every year, we take seasons like this year and finishing 5th as a positive, you finished 4th and it is seen as a failure to most considering the money you spent compared to us, at the start of the season a lot of people were saying Glasgow were looking strong, they could clean up and win it all, not many people expected redcar to do aswell as we did

• Like 1