British Speedway Forum

I think the fact that they are charging oap's.extra must mean they see it as the best way to get extra money so that would mean oap,s are.a large part of the crowd how many will decide not to pay the extra and stay at home .

Thats the crucial question though i would suspect very few. In reality we are talking about the price of a programme here. All paying punters have to make a value judgment of whether it is worth it or not. Last season Concessions would have paid in to 18 league meetings, this year there are fewer meaning the true cost of the collective season March to October will be less than the previous year.

The Concession is a legacy privilege thats continued from yesteryear however nothing stays the same forever. I recall reading in the 2015 programme notes that the Concession rate was being abused and some sort of age verification was being brought in. Perhaps its not changed.

• Like 1

All this shows is the desperate state the sport is in. Wait till clubs announce price rises for everybody .

It works out at extra 49.00 for the basic 14 matches[ Geoff100] not even a 1.00 a week over the full year if somebody cant afford that I don't think they would have been going in the first place.And with less matches expenditure will be less than last year

Perhaps the riders should have whip round to help the OAPs ,they have had a few for the riders in their time

• Like 1

If you walk into a supermarket I don't see any concession prices for Pensioners

• Like 1

you won't see any speedway either.!!!!
  • Like 6

But you do in sporting and entertainment events . Both sides of the argument have been well made and both are valid . We'll just have to wait and see if it causes an impact on the attendance level of the more mature supporter when the tapes rise in March . Apologists for the owners will back them to the hilt regardless , but I cant help feeling it's a bit harsh on supporters who have followed the Tigers over the decades and now find themselves at a certain age .

We already have the most expensive speedway in the Championship , this is just another squeeze on the long term fan .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 6

Theyre not charging OAPs extra. Theyre charging them the same.

Why should OAPs get a discount?

why do you buy a poppy then ?

• Like 1

no, but they'll be scavaging round the 'nearly out of date' section/aisle/trolley,,, looking for a bargain.

no, but they'll be scavaging round the 'nearly out of date' section/aisle/trolley,,, looking for a bargain.

Only if you have left some. :P

• Like 1

Old folk always want stuff on the cheap tho,,, maybe because they can remember how much it used to be, how it was built to last and, how much better it tasted,,, not filled with all that sh!te ;)

Only if you have left some. :P

you know the ones I mean Dave,,, spend 3 hours in the shop, spend less than a fiver on a big bag of shopping, then go out to the car park and make off in a big flash motor... ;) Edited by ruffdiamond

Old folk always want stuff on the cheap tho,,, maybe because they can remember how much it used to be, how it was built to last and, how much better it tasted,,, not filled with all that sh!te ;)

you know the ones I mean Dave,,, spend 3 hours in the shop, spend less than a fiver on a big bag of shopping, then go out to the car park and make off in a big flash motor... ;)

You don't suit jealousy. :P

• Like 1

Lol. Where's this logic going?

its all part of the bigger picture and supporting the older generation .

one day there will be no veterans left and no old speedway supporters .

a bit like the hitler thing , only blond haired , blue eyes boys !

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1