British Speedway Forum

its all part of the bigger picture and supporting the older generation .

one day there will be no veterans left and no old speedway supporters .

Tenuous parallel to say the least. There will always be older speedway supporters so long as you encourage people along in earlier life. Lower ticket prices should be given to children and those taking children in my opinion.

• Like 4

Tenuous parallel to say the least. There will always be older speedway supporters so long as you encourage people along in earlier life. Lower ticket prices should be given to children and those taking children in my opinion.

maybe youngsters don't like to go, 'cos its full of old people',,, and lots of young-uns are wary of old-uns (tell them off, or moan).

My son is 14 years old...

So obviously doesn't work...

He has been watching the Aces regularly since he was 3 years old...

How did the Aces reward him for his loyalty?

They charged him £8 when he got to 12 years of age..

How does he pay this? He earns no money...

However when he gets to 65 he will have hopefully had circa 45 years of earnings behind him to enable him to pay 'full whack' at the Speedway should he still be interested (and presuming the Sport still exists in Britain)

Maybe for the future of the Sport under 16's (at least) should be free, subsidised by no concessions for grown men and women...?

What a load of bull. How does your 14 year old son pay. Simple - you should be paying for him, he is your responsibility not everybody else's but you expect the rest of us to pay for him.

When I was 14 years of age I'd already been getting off my backside for a couple of years and earning from a paper round, with which I bought my own stuff and paid for trips to such as cinema and for that matter other entertainment such as attending a sporting event.

You say: "However when he gets to 65 he will have hopefully had circa 45 years of earnings behind him to enable him to pay"

Yes, many folk of around 65 have had 45 years of earnings.... and mortgage, kids to bring up, regular bills, debts to pay off, putting adolescent offspring through uni or supporting them through early adulthood and even later, weddings to pay for, and the like. Anybody I know that's around that age has little or nothing, so there's no mountain of cash that you seem to assume. When folk retire they stop working and stop earning. Sound like you've never lived on the state pension, there's little or no disposable income.

• Like 7

As for the Why of Senior's Concessions - I now have about 45% of the income I had before retirement AND I paid for myself since 1964 ( when I too had two parer rounds and a Sunday newspaper stall and collected the paper payments every week on saturday mornings ) So I have paid for entry to, on average two matches a week from 1963 to to 2010 - thats's a good bit of money put into the sport. Don't older long term fans deserve a loyalty concession as in nearly every sport? Apparently not in the opinion of some posters.

• Like 6

i think nowadays a paper round is simply extinct .

the only paper round that i know of is doing the annual litter pick in the village where i live and dont get me going on the milkmen that dont exist now !

BACKING THE OLD GUYS N GALS ALL THE WAY . you will know when it hits you just how much you need small reductions to live .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

i think nowadays a paper round is simply extinct .

the only paper round that i know of is doing the annual litter pick in the village where i live and dont get me going on the milkmen that dont exist now !

BACKING THE OLD GUYS N GALS ALL THE WAY . you will know when it hits you just how much you need small reductions to live .

Massive downturn in kids getting a job while in school, idle little gits theyare

• Like 3

There are plenty of things a 14 year old can do to earn £8 pocket money a fortnight .

Its the 65 + year olds that have been supporting the sport for the previous 50 years that deserve subsidising

Edited by redandyellow
  • Like 1

There are plenty of things a 8 year old can do to earn £8 pocket money a fortnight .

Its the 65 + year olds that have been supporting the sport for the previous 50 years that deserve subsidising

Kids go free at Berwick, concessions £11, parking is free.

Oh and 8 year olds should be down the pit earning their keep

• Like 4

Oh and 8 year olds should be down the pit earning their keep

Not the same thing, we aint talkin 'bout 8 year olds, its 14 year olds.

The guy asked of his 14 year old son "how does he pay £8 (half price) as he doesn't work and doesn't earn any money."

Answer: the guy that asked the question should be paying for him, he his responsibility not everybody else's but he expects the rest of us to pay for him.

Edited by big boaby
  • Like 1

Not the same thing, we aint talkin 'bout 8 year olds, its 14 year olds.

The guy asked of his 14 year old son "how does he pay £8 (half price) as he doesn't work and doesn't earn any money."

Answer: the guy that asked the question should be paying for him, he his responsibility not everybody else's but he expects the rest of us to pay for him.

under 16s free at Berwick, forward thinking to try and capture the young fan

• Like 1

under 16s free at Berwick, forward thinking to try and capture the young fan

Good stuff.

Well here's a bit of forward thinking. I won't retire for yonks yet but I'm gonna save my entrance fee so that when I retire and aint earning I will have enough to pay for the entrance fee that they've hiked up. I agree with much of what the Glasgow promotion have done but I thoroughly object to what they're doing with those over 65, it stinks.

• Like 1

Winter fuel allowance would pay for a season ticket.....

• Like 2

Free bus pass saves enough to pay speedway entrance.....

• Like 1

What a load of bull. How does your 14 year old son pay. Simple - you should be paying for him, he is your responsibility not everybody else's but you expect the rest of us to pay for him.

And why should "everyone else" take responsibility for paying for old people? Why do "you expect the rest of us to pay for" them?