British Speedway Forum

Winter fuel allowance would pay for a season ticket.....

Problem solved eh. Let pensioners get hypothermia and spend the winter fuel allowance on a Glasgow season ticket.

Good stuff.

Well here's a bit of forward thinking. I won't retire for yonks yet but I'm gonna save my entrance fee so that when I retire and aint earning I will have enough to pay for the entrance fee that they've hiked up. I agree with much of what the Glasgow promotion have done but I thoroughly object to what they're doing with those over 65, it stinks.

I too like that they have spent on Ashfield, and are willing to pay for a team that will win, it does however seem to have been done without a sensible business plan, hence having to hike the concessions. If you expend large amounts and you also want to make profits, you better make sure you have worked out some good profit and loss forecasts. I should have retired in June truthfully should have retired when I was 60, but have decided to carry on, that way I can afford the things I have got used to.

And why should "everyone else" take responsibility for paying for old people? Why do "you expect the rest of us to pay for" them?

Pensioners have kept the country going for years, in retirement they usually aren't earning now and many are living on the state pension which derives little or no disposable income. It was only a reduced entrance fee anyway, they were still paying, just a little less, only about £3 or so reduction as I understand and still paying what they can.

Maybe they should have left it on a voluntary basis as Glasgow stated that some of their over 65's had been volunteering to pay full price as those particular individuals could afford it. That way the ones over 65 that genuinely can't afford it wouldn't be affected.

You're the guy that said you paid £55,000 for your car, so you obviously have a few bob more than the rest of us and hardly qualified to snipe at old age pensioners scraping by on the state pension.

• Like 2

But their was the ones who tried to get in on the concession rate you could say they are the ones that have caused the price hike

But their was the ones who tried to get in on the concession rate you could say they are the ones that have caused the price hike

"Tried to get in" you say. You mean they correctly sought entry being pensioners on the bread line getting by on the state pension so qualified for a couple of quid reduction....

.....and you reckon "they" caused some spike in prices. You may as well say that they caused OPEC to raise oil prices.

Have you been on the sauce mate. :D

I will try to be more simple UNDER 60 entered at the concession gate hope you now understand

• Like 1

Winter fuel allowance would pay for a season ticket.....

Only if you are 80+.

Doubt many weej reach that landmark.

Glasgow Tigers Supporters' Group Christmas Quiz this Sunday. Admission - Adults £1, Children Free.

Does anyone know if there will be Concessions for Over 65s ?

I will try to be more simple UNDER 60 entered at the concession gate hope you now understand

The fog in my head has cleared. :t:

No doubt for those of us that have had a hard paper round ;)

Edited by big boaby
  • Like 1

Glasgow Tigers Supporters' Group Christmas Quiz this Sunday. Admission - Adults £1, Children Free.

Does anyone know if there will be Concessions for Over 65s ?

They only have to get the answer 75% right 😛

Why not ?

Edited by Blupanther

There are enough signs outside saying proof of age identity is required so perhaps the staff manning the turnstiles should be more vigilant if they think they are being ripped off by under age Pensioners.!
  • Like 4

Problem solved eh. Let pensioners get hypothermia and spend the winter fuel allowance on a Glasgow season ticket.

heres one for ya ..

they could always sit all day on a bus during the cold season( free ride out, central heating. you get to meet people . even if you dont want to ) and use their free bus pass to sava cash and use it on the speedway

then after the speedway go back to the house/flat and shiver their tots off .... .

Edited by jenga