British Speedway Forum

You obviously have your "lets argue for the sake of arguing" hat on.

Never said anything about goodwill. If you paid attention you would see I set out a business case for retrieving MORE money e.g. 50 x £13 brings in more than only 12 x £16 or £17.

My point is also that the Glasgow promotion are throwing money away by giving a half price concession to students, many of whom have far more disposable income than the average citizen. With two student offspring myself I know that many of them work, have plenty of income, get free accommodation and welfare, and they spend an absolute fortune on going out regularly, spend a fortune on holidays, expensive gigs and other events and think nothing of it, and most of them can afford way more than the 16 or 17 quid that a full price speedway entry is. Probably better to get the product right and if need be glitzed up a bit, charge the full rate to those that can afford it.

Not a lie. You did say you paid over £50,000 for your car. Ok what was it "only" £51,000 then, whatever over £50k you did say before and then agreed the next time mentioned. Now you're denying it.

You are totally missing the point. Students wont necessarily go to speedway and as such need a little encouragement to attend (i.e. lower prices). OAPs are likely to be, but not exclusively, long term fans who have gone to speedway for years. It makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever to give people who will attend regardless of price (within reason) a discount. Surely you can see that?? Edited by JanAndersen
  • Like 1

You are totally missing the point. Students wont necessarily go to speedway and as such need a little encouragement to attend (i.e. lower prices). OAPs are likely to be, but not exclusively, long term fans who have gone to speedway for years. It makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever to give people who will attend regardless of price (within reason) a discount. Surely you can see that??

There's no room for sentiment in business, either pay up or don't go,,,

we'll get the bread n butter off others ;)

oap,s just dont buy a programme in 2018, then the money you save will go towards an entry fee in around 5 weeks time .

but what about the programme sales . will they be down or will they inflate the price to cover the lost revenue of programmes ?

Just done some sums big boaby amount from my 2 pensions [private + gov ] equiv to 60% of my last net pay. No mortgage, child care free bus travel I am better off I must be exception to report

two pensions eh , not a bit of wonder you want every pensioner to pay full price.. ok for those who can afford it .

but another story for those looking for a bit of goodwill from the faccues !

What about the team for this year though eh? .... What a line up!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What team :D:D:D

Those that are current OAPs may be fortunate enough to have something us current workers and students will never have and that's a final salary scheme pension. Many pensioners will be getting "paid" more than those that are getting up at six in the morning to work and not just to pee.

• Like 3

Those that are current OAPs may be fortunate enough to have something us current workers and students will never have and that's a final salary scheme pension. Many pensioners will be getting "paid" more than those that are getting up at six in the morning to work and not just to pee.

Spot on

There's no room for sentiment in business, either pay up or don't go,,,

we'll get the bread n butter off others ;)

Going by that premise, can we now expect to see the rest of British speedway follow suit?..........and then all other UK entertainment businesses doing likewise? Oh, and the bus pass must now be on a shoogly peg.

Can't wait............

Edited by ragdoll64

Going by that premise, can we now expect to see the rest of British speedway follow suit?..........and then all other UK entertainment businesses doing likewise? Oh, and the bus pass must now be on a shoogly peg.

Can't wait............

aye,,, its a sh!te state of affairs ;)

Why on earth should i pay extra than an OAP who sponges of the state? (Pension payments are far higher than what they put in)

As for respect.. you earn respect you dont get it because your older and its a ridiculous argument that you should

Why on earth should i pay extra than an OAP who sponges of the state? (Pension payments are far higher than what they put in)

As for respect.. you earn respect you dont get it because your older and its a ridiculous argument that you should

What planet are you living on, If I had to rely on the state pension I would be in big trouble, you get back what you paid in which I could not live on. My private pension the same , I paid into it and received from it plus interest. The state gives me nothing I paid through my life for everything I receive. This must not be confused with Social Security payments, which are paid for through the public purse,

Pensions are not paid by the State, we pay the State a pension contribution, they look after it until we retire, then they give it back to us, it is also taxed if you are still working at the higher rate as it is classed as unearned income. I pay 40% tax on my wifes state pension, because she is a partner in the business

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 1

U going to stand at the entrance and say that to all u question the decision my heart bleeds for all u mean spirited lot who doesnt think its wrong.
  • Like 1

In many cases it is the pension contributions of those workers that are paying for retirees pensions however this is the fault of neither group. Also pensioners currently can draw their state pension at 65, ive seen some reports that for my age group it could be 71.

Times have definitely changed, attitudes take longer to catch up.

In many cases it is the pension contributions of those workers that are paying for retirees pensions however this is the fault of neither group. Also pensioners currently can draw their state pension at 65, ive seen some reports that for my age group it could be 71.

Times have definitely changed, attitudes take longer to catch up.

If you were born before 1952, you can claim your pension at the age of 65, if you were born in 1953 you work until you are 66. a sliding scale after that, so if you were born in 1960 I think it is now 67 or 68.

You are slightly out on the rest those that currently retire at 65, they have paid in and receive back what they have paid if they live to an average of around 80+. The problem is now arising in the next generation will not have paid in enough to sustain them in future retirement, to that end NI contributions need to be doubled, to achieve a reasonable pension

If you were born before 1952, you can claim your pension at the age of 65, if you were born in 1953 you work until you are 66. a sliding scale after that, so if you were born in 1960 I think it is now 67 or 68.

You are slightly out on the rest those that currently retire at 65, they have paid in and receive back what they have paid if they live to an average of around 80+. The problem is now arising in the next generation will not have paid in enough to sustain them in future retirement, to that end NI contributions need to be doubled, to achieve a reasonable pension

You think there is a pot somewhere that holds your NI contributions and is then paid out to you in retirement? Really??