British Speedway Forum

Thought i jumped on a Glasgow thread there not farming outlook iil leave you to it.

On 02/01/2018 at 8:57 AM, millen the villian said:

Enjoying the Aussie Speedway arevyou ? 

just back in to scotland and brrrrrr its cold

crikey , rrrrrrriiippiinning the track up again , not enough home advantage ?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

crikey , rrrrrrriiippiinning the track up again , not enough home advantage ?

Just continually trying to improve things , making it in such a way to enable us to enjoy exciting and thrilling speedway . The track was too one line last season , the aim is to have a track that riders of both sides can attack and give the paying public the type of speedway to do justice to it's surroundings . No point having Chris Harris and not giving him the track to entertain us . 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Just continually trying to improve things , making it in such a way to enable us to enjoy exciting and thrilling speedway . The track was too one line last season , the aim is to have a track that riders of both sides can attack and give the paying public the type of speedway to do justice to it's surroundings . No point having Chris Harris and not giving him the track to entertain us . 

Given the closeness of the track to the outside fence and fan areas, are they taking the inside kerb in and taking the corners in off the football pitch. The main problem area to me is the third bend entrance, followed by the exit out of the second bend. 

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Given the closeness of the track to the outside fence and fan areas, are they taking the inside kerb in and taking the corners in off the football pitch. The main problem area to me is the third bend entrance, followed by the exit out of the second bend. 

Both are better than they used to be anyway . At one time you feared riders would disappear through the pits gate on bend 2 , and the third bend bump wasn't too much in evidence last season , nor was the bend as square . 

But you cant stand still and the track has plenty of improvement needed . The football club no longer calls the tune at Ashfield , so I imagine their pitch will be quite a bit narrower after the track work is complete . 

• Like 2

The track is/was the biggest weakness in our set up. If we get this right it could transform the whole experience. Ftg speedway doesnt encourage new fans or some existing fans to return. Looking forward in anticipation

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Photos on Tigers FB page mate.

• Like 1

Huge changes!!

5 aside football only next year :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, george.m said:

Photos on Tigers FB page mate.

Thanks George. I've just finished looking at them. Obviously the inside line is not being taken in that much, as the trenches are for the new drains but still be a few feet off.

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Thanks George. I've just finished looking at them. Obviously the inside line is not being taken in that much, as the trenches are for the new drains but still be a few feet off.

Taken in as much as possible, pitch has to be within regulation size.

12 hours ago, george.m said:

Taken in as much as possible, pitch has to be within regulation size.

Yes, and the corners have to be permanent for the corner kicks. You can see the trench is inside the real inside line, by seeing how much of the actual corners have been lifted. All will have to go back on to preserve the corner.

Edited by Tsunami

On Wednesday, January 03, 2018 at 2:26 PM, jenga said:

they reckon cow pats heat up quite a lot !

Yes, if left unattended in the microwave,,, size and wattage should also be taking into consideration.

what do they turn out like when done in a slow cooker , is it worth a try ?

15 minutes ago, jenga said:

what do they turn out like when done in a slow cooker , is it worth a try ?

Dunno, someone (a family member) borrowed my slow cooker and, am still waiting for it to come back, al probly be waiting a while,,, so haven't tried that yet.

Edited by ruffdiamond