British Speedway Forum

See Steve Lawson has also had some input on the design along with Greg Hancock another positive move by the promotion.

I am sure the usual suspects will find a negative though it is a given.

I remember going in 2001 with the comets great racing watching mick powell go round les collins on turns 3 and 4 not many done that to les,last few visits not so good just gate ride a couple yds of the fence and u won it .

there will always be a fastest way around any track . 

the inside or the outside .

not many tracks have those many lines , its like formula 1 , as long as you stick to that certain line , you have won .

good luck in finding that magical route around your track , 

best track that i have seen with many lines was the old Hyde road . superb racing there . .

you can tell the N.S.S. was built with the old Hyde road in mind  . 

you have 2 good guys trying to find that special something in your track , lets hope they can find it .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

I am sure the usual suspects will find a negative though it is a given.

Fantastic what the weej are doing to their stadium.

Green with envy or maybe blue with the cold.

Since our team is complete, we are into the new year and the new track is taking shape - what are the thoughts on the riding order for the mighty Tigers?!

My original thoughts were something along the lines of:-

1. Worrall

2. Starke

3. Vissing

4. Kerr

5. Harris

6. Sargeant

7. JPB

But with such a strong middle order, do you swap round Starke and Kerr? Or does Claus start at 2? Tough, yet probably welcomed decisions ahead for both home and away! :) 

2 hours ago, cheggie said:

Since our team is complete, we are into the new year and the new track is taking shape - what are the thoughts on the riding order for the mighty Tigers?!

My original thoughts were something along the lines of:-

1. Worrall

2. Starke

3. Vissing

4. Kerr

5. Harris

6. Sargeant

7. JPB

But with such a strong middle order, do you swap round Starke and Kerr? Or does Claus start at 2? Tough, yet probably welcomed decisions ahead for both home and away! :) 

Vissing to selfish a rider to back up Worral, he would probably take out his team mate just to win, just as a did on Kus at Berwick

9 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Vissing to selfish a rider to back up Worral, he would probably take out his team mate just to win, just as a did on Kus at Berwick

Tbf he's not fussy who he takes out, never has been:rolleyes:

Oh dear a simple suggestion on the team front and it descends into the slating off a rider.

But back on topic i would have Kerr at 2 and vissing at 3 at home with Vissing at 4 away.

With very little between the middle order i guess it won't make a great deal of difference.

Just now, Gazc said:

Oh dear a simple suggestion on the team front and it descends into the slating off a rider.

But back on topic i would have Kerr at 2 and vissing at 3 at home with Vissing at 4 away.

With very little between the middle order i guess it won't make a great deal of difference.

I guess we can only wait and see who hits the 'track' running for the third heat leader role @ no.3. And yeah, I did think of Kerr at no. 2.

But alot of scope for the middle order to increase their averages significantly.

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Tbf he's not fussy who he takes out, never has been:rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It's not really slating Claus , it's just pointing out the type of rider he is . Not all can be the consummate team man on track . I remember going to Stoke during Claus' first season in this country and David McAllan got Claused a couple of times . James Grieves had a spat with him at Ashfield one day and called him just a typical Dane when interviewed post meeting . Well I suppose they all learn at the feet of the master in Denmark . 

But on a 6.8 average there's no doubt he can be trump card if he gets his act together . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paulco said:

It's not really slating Claus , it's just pointing out the type of rider he is . Not all can be the consummate team man on track . I remember going to Stoke during Claus' first season in this country and David McAllan got Claused a couple of times . James Grieves had a spat with him at Ashfield one day and called him just a typical Dane when interviewed post meeting . Well I suppose they all learn at the feet of the master in Denmark . 

But on a 6.8 average there's no doubt he can be trump card if he gets his act together . 

Definitely a typical Dane, you only have to look at Nicki, Hans and especially Usterguaard!!(sp??) Trouble with Vissing, he also goes "Missing" too:wink:

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

Definitely a typical Dane, you only have to look at Nicki, Hans and especially Usterguaard!!(sp??) Trouble with Vissing, he also goes "Missing" too:wink:

Add Kildemand to that list too , they certainly produce a certain type of rider in Denmark . Yes Claus has that going missing trait , but he has proved in the past , particularly at Edinburgh , that in the right environment he can consistently produce the goods . Whether that will be the case at Glasgow remains to be seen , but I sincerely hope so . 

• Like 1

sad to read on the Glasgow site that jJmmy Beaton has passed on . any loss in the speedway world is a great loss to all .  but i think jimmy will be a greater loss to those who had known him . 91 yrs old , it must be the irn bru !        R.I.P. .  J .B.  

• Like 2

Looking at the pictures of how much the track is being taken in on Twitter, are Ashfield Juniors moving out?

Edited by MD