British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, jenga said:

sad to read on the Glasgow site that jJmmy Beaton has passed on . any loss in the speedway world is a great loss to all .  but i think jimmy will be a greater loss to those who had known him . 91 yrs old , it must be the irn bru !        R.I.P. .  J .B.  

Condolences to the family,Jimmy was a great character and probably the reason that the Tigers are still in existence ,he saw them through some tough times and probably pumped a lot of money into the club to keep them afloat .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MD said:

Looking at the pictures of how much the track is being taken in on Twitter, are Ashfield Juniors moving out?

it looks like an awful lot of drainage work . i cant see them opening up the straigh etc that much . no one in their right minds would ride that line . so it maybe a bit wider , but not that much .

we wait to see !

21 hours ago, jenga said:

it looks like an awful lot of drainage work . i cant see them opening up the straigh etc that much . no one in their right minds would ride that line . so it maybe a bit wider , but not that much .

we wait to see !

As the corners are being taken in to widen the entrances, the straights as a result are widened.

On 10/01/2018 at 5:51 PM, jenga said:

sad to read on the Glasgow site that jJmmy Beaton has passed on . any loss in the speedway world is a great loss to all .  but i think jimmy will be a greater loss to those who had known him . 91 yrs old , it must be the irn bru !        R.I.P. .  J .B.  

RIP condolences to his family &  gary

track looking .  W...I...D...E. ! after these alterations , where do you go now . 

looks good .

Can't understand how Michael Max is not the assistant team manager if one is really needed. He has done it before and he is a promoter at Glagow

miss mike max @ workington . full of craic. never a dull moment .

but on the other hand , we had hoggy, ( dont know about 2018 ) both cracking presenters of the sport. 

long may they continue .

2 hours ago, Owenbros said:

Can't understand how Michael Max is not the assistant team manager if one is really needed. He has done it before and he is a promoter at Glagow

Dont think he is a promoter. Mouthpiece perhaps but almost certainly not promoter.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, Owenbros said:

He has done it before and his knowledge of the rule book is second to none . But I guess doing the centre green at home meetings and work commitments making away meetings more difficult means him standing in when Stewart is unavailable pretty much impossible 

43 minutes ago, baba said:

I would image that only about half of the area with grey dolomite on will be the track. The trench inside the dolomite is for the drainage and one would image there will be a bit of track on the trackside of the trench. Still pretty wide though.

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

i can remember walking into sheffield for a plrc meeting and the track looked like that

Remember it too. Never seen a track as deep as that day.

• Like 1