British Speedway Forum

playing right into wee dans hands , deep and wide , deep and wide , theres a river flowing deep and wide ..

59 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Opening night Friday 23rd March v Monarchs in Scottish cup wit the 2 no leg the following Friday at Armadale

zzzzzzzzz. Never missed it or the Spring Trophy in the two years its been gone. Devalues the league meeting during the season when genuine points are up for grabs and both teams put in full effort. The first match of the season is always very well attended regardless of the visitors. 

16 minutes ago, MD said:

zzzzzzzzz. Never missed it or the Spring Trophy in the two years its been gone. Devalues the league meeting during the season when genuine points are up for grabs and both teams put in full effort. The first match of the season is always very well attended regardless of the visitors. 

And up against each other in the 1st Round of the KOC.

13 hours ago, MD said:

Exactly, lazy promotion - I hate it when we do Newcastle or Berwick, meaning we ride against them about 5 or 6 times - just because you know fans are going to turn up, no need to be lazy.

More likely a revenue exercise as the meetings are unlikely to be covered by season tickets which is understandable. The proof is the pudding if crowds hold up.

On 22 January 2018 at 10:40 PM, jenga said:

playing right into wee dans hands , deep and wide , deep and wide , theres a river flowing deep and wide ..

Err don't you mean fountain?

Ms Pedant :P

naa , a fountain flowing deep and wide . 

dont sound right t me . 

A lot of it doesn't sound right to me but honestly it's fountain :)

There ya go......and sadly I can even do the hand gestures ;) 

all them years of going to church and i have been singing the wrong word(s). so it should be   HMMMMMM and HMMMMMMM  !

thats the pearly gate locked when i get up there then .

cheers 4 that !  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jenga said:

all them years of going to church and i have been singing the wrong word(s). so it should be   HMMMMMM and HMMMMMMM  !

thats the pearly gate locked when i get up there then .

cheers 4 that !  

Yes, but the other place is nice and warm.

• Haha 1

We sang "river" at our Sunday school. Maybe it's because you're from the east. ;)

Edited by tyretrax

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

We sang "river" at our Sunday school. Maybe it's because you're from the east. ;)

Ah but which school did you go to? ;)

and theres another one ,

a mountain going deep and wide .

spose its just where you went @ Sunday school/church !