British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Ah but which school did you go to? ;)

One of ours.

Anyway I want to know were Kermitfrog has disappeared to he started this thread and has just abandoned it , not very professional.

Edited by Gazc

7 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

7 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

One in the west. ;)

18 hours ago, tyretrax said:

We sang "river" at our Sunday school. Maybe it's because you're from the east. ;)

Geez your geography is worse than mine! Since when was the Isle of Lewis in the East??? :rolleyes::P 

• Thanks 1

any new pictures of your bomb site ?  , err i mean track .

not the best weather for playing around in dirt .

5 hours ago, Lioness said:

Geez your geography is worse than mine! Since when was the Isle of Lewis in the East??? :rolleyes::P 

Sorry, I though you were based in Fa'kirk. ;)

4 hours ago, jenga said:

This is taps aff weather here.

14 hours ago, jenga said:

New pictures on the club FB page showing that the track work is progressing 

good pic of roary with the brush . 

track has never looked better . keep it like that and you will have all the home advantage you could ever wish for !

Will the track be ready for press and practice especially the third bend as the building there keeps any sun off of it.

Full marks once again to the facennas. The Tigers official facebook page https://www.facebook.com/glasgowtigersspeedway/ over the past few days is full of photos and stories about the team all decked out in team jackets/polos/and t shirts. All the team have been up for a few days at boot camp/go ape training days, a fun go kart day including fans;  and finishing with a big meet the riders night last night organised by the supporters group at Ibrox. The place was packed. A lot of money has been raised - the supporters Group donated £5,000 towards additional medics/ambulance.

I suppose every club is doing this and we just don't here about it?

• Like 4

Great to see a full team of riders and management all enjoying themselves ,having a good team sprit is a big thing for any winning team especially in Speedway 

• Like 3

For those that don't think the track looks that much wider from looking at photos it's at least 6 to 7 feet wider so should be brilliant 

tracks nowadays can be a mile wide , but there is still only one fastest/quickest way round . 

but a least they are able to give it a go . fair play to the faccuess 

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

tracks nowadays can be a mile wide , but there is still only one fastest/quickest way round . 

but a least they are able to give it a go . fair play to the faccuess 

Have to agree there. How many times, other than the start, is the track needed to be wider than say 8m which is the minimum width as laid down by the SCB Regulations. There is usually only need for about 2m used when two bikes are alongside each before taking a line into the bend. Extra width on the bends is far more beneficial  but, like Glasgow is, the width will only get used with decent banking for the outside and under lines being a challenge to each other A flat track being widened on the bends does nothing for the outside racing lines.