British Speedway Forum

stewie being realistic now eh . is it at Glasgow ? 

just read its @ redcar .

Edited by jenga

The riding order was revealed during Tigers Live, last night on Facebook, for Friday night -

1. Worrall

2. Kerr

3. Starke

4. Vissing

5. Harris

6. JPB

7. Sargeant

Means that JPB will ride with Harris for a couple of races. And good middle order pairing of Paul and Claus. Can't wait for the new season ahead on the new track! :) 

Just seen on Twitter that JPB is taking time out for personal reasons. Not long to find a 2 pointer! 

3 hours ago, cheggie said:

The riding order was revealed during Tigers Live, last night on Facebook, for Friday night -

1. Worrall

2. Kerr

3. Starke

4. Vissing

5. Harris

6. JPB

7. Sargeant

Means that JPB will ride with Harris for a couple of races. And good middle order pairing of Paul and Claus. Can't wait for the new season ahead on the new track! :) 

Have to say I enjoyed Tigers Live last night; its amazing what a group of fans can do when supported by there promotion. Do other tracks do this, presumably Poole but any others.

Doesn't give us long to find a 2 pointer. I expect we may use Ryan McDonald for the first meeting, although it will be tough against the strong Monarch reserves

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Doesn't give us long to find a 2 pointer. I expect we may use Ryan McDonald for the first meeting, although it will be tough against the strong Monarch reserves

Won't really change much Sarj was always going to get the majority of rides from reserve.

Lets see how it pans out may well be that it is only a temporary problem.

• Like 1

I believe his GF was/is pregnant. 

Perhaps he's had to get a "proper" job?

Not many clubs will be willing to trust him fully if he does decide to return at any point, he has a lot of potential just think it is going to be wasted through bad decisions ! You don't say all the right things through winter then quit on eve of new season.

I know he is due to become a young dad which obviously increases pressure on him so maybe signing for Glasgow not greatest idea in first place with extra travelling and cost of that.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

JPB leaving speedway again. Something not quite right with this situation hope it gets fixed!! 

The best way to 'fix' it, would be for every club to ignore him from now on, he's had his chances.

36 minutes ago, foamfence said:

The best way to 'fix' it, would be for every club to ignore him from now on, he's had his chances.

That's a bit harsh. None of us know the reasons so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. In the meantime no doubt Ryan will step in for the match against the monarchs 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Would jake knight be a 2 ?

Yes, but unlikely to take a Championship place without a National League one, unless he takes JPB's position at Coventry aswell...

Replacing a 2 pointer who got injured during the season was always going to be a problem but doing it before a wheel is turned adds another level of difficulty. Leaves an opportunity to restructure the team and give it more balance, there are some high averaged reserve pairings out there.

The Facenna's arent shy about making hard nosed business decisions and I would have no hesitation in saying thanks but unfortunately .... to CV and using the combined points to have a higher averaged reserve if suitable riders could be found. The Scottish Cup meetings are challenges so we have a bit of time before the first official fixture where we are committed to that team.

A multi change would be very hard nosed indeed and it may make riders very wary of signing for Glasgow in the future if they do.