British Speedway Forum

Very good signing from Glasgow. I was quite surprised no body had picked him up in the 2nd tier already especially on the 2 pt average

Saw him in action at Sittingbourne in September and was very impressed by him.

Has a classic effortless style and thought he would have been snapped up by Scunny for their no.7 this Season.

Having also seen JPB riding, personally I would have chosen JT ahead of him.

Think the Tigs have just improved their prospects for 2018 with this signing.

• Like 1

so tigers sign a teenage wonder kid. a second hand choice . JP. wont get a look in in 2o18 . hey girls !

58 minutes ago, jenga said:

so tigers sign a teenage wonder kid. a second hand choice . JP. wont get a look in in 2o18 . hey girls !

You only direct your posts to one half of our support pretty sexist that.

JPB replaced by both teams on the same day he walks.........don't let the door hit you on the @rse on your way out :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, poolebolton said:

JPB leaving speedway again. Something not quite right with this situation hope it gets fixed!! 

Teams will be getting a bit fed up at being let down by this lad. He's not gone out of his way to make friends in the sport and I'm sure he won't be missed (especially in Sheffield, Glasgow and Coventry).

• Like 2

You now wonder why Birmingham did not want him in their nl team this year did they know something the others didn’t ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mac101 said:

You now wonder why Birmingham did not want him in their nl team this year did they know something the others didn’t ?

Yes

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Looks like the guy is a waste of space.Cant see Glasgow being messed about.

You really are just a flog, you don't know the kids personal issues , I suggest you just keep your big trap shut.

Perhaps he's completely the opposite and if he has a kid on the way he's honoring his commitment and getting a real job or wants to be there as a father, speedway after all is only a sport.

Junior

Edited by junior fan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, junior fan said:

You really are just a flog, you don't know the kids personal issues , I suggest you just keep your big trap shut.

Perhaps he's completely the opposite and if he has a kid on the way he's honoring his commitment and getting a real job or wants to be there as a father, speedway after all is only a sport.

Junior

So what was his 'problem/issue' when he walked out on Sheffield last year, as I understand he'd had quite a bit of sponsorship and a decent deal put his way? He was quite happy to continue riding for his National League side and take guest bookings for Championship sides as well. Think he's left it a little late to make his decision this year (for both his teams), compared to his early decision last year. 

No matter what his reason(s) is/are this time I think he'll be lucky to get signed again in the future, although it is reported that he's quit the sport!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

So what was his 'problem/issue' when he walked out on Sheffield last year, as I understand he'd had quite a bit of sponsorship and a decent deal put his way? He was quite happy to continue riding for his National League side and take guest bookings for Championship sides as well. Think he's left it a little late to make his decision this year (for both his teams), compared to his early decision last year. 

No matter what his reason(s) is/are this time I think he'll be lucky to get signed again in the future, although it is reported that he's quit the sport!

Don't know mate, I don't know the kid or his family , that's why you won't find me slinging rubbish at riders, everyone has differesnt rubbish going on in there lives.

Junior

• Like 1

Glasgow can count themselves lucky to have lifted Jack Thomas. I watched him many times last year and saw the improvement week by week

I think he changed his engines in mid-season and that seemed to spark him off.  Would have liked the Hammers to have signed him. Much less travel for such a young man

and this aspect of the move MAY prove to be unhelpful.

Agreed he is very talented and approachable which should help him at Glasgow but it’s a daunting move for the lad and one he must have good support from the management.