British Speedway Forum

Absolutely gutted that Stewart is leaving, he seemed happy on Friday, something must have happened. Wont be the same without him, he is the heart of Glasgow and the best tactician i have seen

• Like 1

Was Stewart a member of the Speedway Management Committee,If he was who takes his place 

3 minutes ago, Argos said:

Was Stewart a member of the Speedway Management Committee,If he was who takes his place 

He was, but if no longer a promoter will automatically stand down.      George English of Newcastle is the reserve who will presumably be called up.

2 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

He was, but if no longer a promoter will automatically stand down.      George English of Newcastle is the reserve who will presumably be called up.

Or Neil Machin, the other reserve.  

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yes, but don't the leagues try to balance the MC?   Neil's the big-league reserve, George for the good guys.

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

Absolutely gutted that Stewart is leaving, he seemed happy on Friday, something must have happened. Wont be the same without him, he is the heart of Glasgow and the best tactician i have seen

I saw him before the meeting and thought the opposite.

28 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Yes, but don't the leagues try to balance the MC?   Neil's the big-league reserve, George for the good guys.

George stepped down from the MC for 2018, so not sure if he'd want to be back on it "full time," that was my thinking anyway.

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

George stepped down from the MC for 2018, so not sure if he'd want to be back on it "full time," that was my thinking anyway.

No mention on the bspa website in the statement of the present owners, speaks volumes.

53 minutes ago, StevePark said:

With Bates already on the committee that would present a concerning concentration of representation for me

Wow...... All the best to Stewart, always said hello even tho’ I’m a “beast from the East”

• Like 2

Used to have the odd lunch with Stewart a while back and saw first hand how much the club meant to him , the man bled red & white this must be a really difficult decision  for Stewart to make.

All the best in whatever you do Stewart and hope you can still attend he will be a big miss.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Came across as a passionate bloke, when seen on TV and, a decent bloke when exchanging pleasantries at Brough last year. Hope things turn out ok.

• Like 1

Strange one altogether. Looks like the owners are doing it their way. Stuart will not have taken the decision lightly if he has been there that long, that's a lot to give up. Hope the riders are not affected by this. Michael Max seems to be the one with the best relationship with them and has been the manager before. Alan Dick has also done it before. Timing is terrible

10 hours ago, Owenbros said:

Strange one altogether. Looks like the owners are doing it their way. Stuart will not have taken the decision lightly if he has been there that long, that's a lot to give up. Hope the riders are not affected by this. Michael Max seems to be the one with the best relationship with them and has been the manager before. Alan Dick has also done it before. Timing is terrible

Not just the timing terrible. I thought he was maybe standing down to concentrate on being a promoter and member of the BSPA management committee. For once it looked as if we might have some clout and with Stuart on the committee he might help drag speedway into the 21st century. Now not to be.

Maybe he could be put in charge of  the BSPA.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1