British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Ah ha conspiracy time is it?

Wouldn’t say conspiracy, but it does come across a little odd that he has mentioned them at all. 

Anyway sad to see, Stewart was always good for a chat and a bit of banter. Very passionate about his speedway and Glasgow speedway of course, disappointing to see.

Edited by Mr Blobby

good luck to steWART  on his retirement from Glasgow speedway . he will always be welcome @ wucky to pass on advice to our younger members of our  team or just as a double agent !

always seemed stressed on any photos i have seen . maybe enforced pressure from the gods ?

Edited by jenga

I blame that ginger nut Stuart McCall for a lot,including this:P

43 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Could people commenting please remember how to spell S-T-E-W-A-R-T. Thank you.

corrected .. thank you .

posters dont always get my name correct either !

With SD having gone, we have lost many years of experience and speedway nuance with it, that wont replace itself overnight. The Facennas will have harvested some knowledge during the last few years but not everything. 

Do we have the ability to see through the chancers e.g. Barker, do we have a good enough knowledge of the rules to crunch the numbers on a team change at the next set of averages, do we have the contacts to seek out new riders if injuries happen, who is going to kick arses when riders dont push themselves?

Time will tell. There has clearly been a fall out somewhere along the line though hopefully the door has been left open for SD to return. Its only after someone has left you fully realise the contribution they made.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MD said:

With SD having gone, we have lost many years of experience and speedway nuance with it, that wont replace itself overnight. The Facennas will have harvested some knowledge during the last few years but not everything. 

Do we have the ability to see through the chancers e.g. Barker, do we have a good enough knowledge of the rules to crunch the numbers on a team change at the next set of averages, do we have the contacts to seek out new riders if injuries happen, who is going to kick arses when riders dont push themselves?

Time will tell. There has clearly been a fall out somewhere along the line though hopefully the door has been left open for SD to return. Its only after someone has left you fully realise the contribution they made.

Because of what you say and by listening again to Cami on the Sunday radio show and re reading the quotes from Glasgow and Stewart, I think it looks as if Stewart chucked it for some reason rather than being sacked. Know that Michael Max knows the ruls and is well known to most riders so assume that why hes been brought into a more prominent role. As I said before think the biggest loss will be not having someone on the BSPA management Committee.

Same situation as when Ian Steel was sacked and Stewart took charge. Also plenty of knowledge in the background if requied

I have mentioned this before, Glasgow have sacked their whole 2017 team, that now includes the team manager!

Does anyone know if this has ever happened in speedway before anywhere else? remembering it's the same owners in charge.

The  Facennas are obviously very successful outside of speedway,  are they trying to buy success like many "well-to-doos" try to do with football,  could be a dangerous ploy if success doesn't come their way what will become of the Tigers? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I have mentioned this before, Glasgow have sacked their whole 2017 team, that now includes the team manager!

Does anyone know if this has ever happened in speedway before anywhere else? remembering it's the same owners in charge.

The  Facennas are obviously very successful outside of speedway,  are they trying to buy success like many "well-to-doos" try to do with football,  could be a dangerous ploy if success doesn't come their way what will become of the Tigers? 

No they haven't - ask Richie Worrall!

• Like 2

It's hardly 'sacking' anyway when riders sign contracts for a season at a time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Need to check your facts !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

O.K. not 7 riders & 1 team manager, so is it 6 riders & 1 team manager? that's still  wholesale  changes!

Edited by Ghosty
typo
  • Confused 1

you never really know which riders wanted to stay and didnt and which were wanted to stay and didnt

speedway is a ruthless sport very few are faithfull and loyal to clubs/riders

9 hours ago, MANSE said:

Same situation as when Ian Steel was sacked and Stewart took charge. Also plenty of knowledge in the background if requied

It’s certainly odd bearing in mind it’s the start of the season and he had just accepted a new post on the BSPA. 

I dare say it will come out in due course.