British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

thats not something i can answer as i dont have a million dollars , unlike Glasgow .!:o

Please there is still 2 million in the bank at Glasgow please don't mix us up with the other Scottish team 

what other team is that then ?

i can feel an adoption coming on ..

Edited by jenga

28 minutes ago, snapper said:

Please there is still 2 million in the bank at Glasgow please don't mix us up with the other Scottish team 

Not now Ian  we paid our riders this week and had to pay for our tyre also  heard some team had to borrow tyres from another club because there supplier has put a stop on their credit 

to the person in the stand at yesterdays fours meeting and was hurling abuse at richie worrall,for goodness sake, get off his case.he knows that this season hasn't ,to his standards, been one of his best but he was trying his heart out yesterday and berating him like you did, which he obviously heard due to his response,does absolutely nothing for a riders confidence so just cut him some slack and if you are a true supporter then do what the name suggests.SUPPORT your team.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Moranboys said:

to the person in the stand at yesterdays fours meeting and was hurling abuse at richie worrall,for goodness sake, get off his case.he knows that this season hasn't ,to his standards, been one of his best but he was trying his heart out yesterday and berating him like you did, which he obviously heard due to his response,does absolutely nothing for a riders confidence so just cut him some slack and if you are a true supporter then do what the name suggests.SUPPORT your team.

With all due respect if the fan pay's his hard earned to travel he can criticise if he thinks that is the best way to vent his frustration.

Whilst I don't  condone verbal abuse I can understand his frustration as Richie has been nothing short of woeful this season.

So no telling someone to get off his case when he can really do as he pleases is a bit off , I am just surprised Richie is still riding for us thus far, as a number 1 it has been woeful to watch most of the time.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

With all due respect if the fan pay's his hard earned to travel he can criticise if he thinks that is the best way to vent his frustration.

Whilst I don't  condone verbal abuse I can understand his frustration as Richie has been nothing short of woeful this season.

So no telling someone to get off his case when he can really do as he pleases is a bit off , I am just surprised Richie is still riding for us thus far, as a number 1 it has been woeful to watch most of the time.

i understand that but if you really think that hurling insults and calling a rider useless is going to help then it is a sorry state of affairs.i have down the years seen some underperforming riders that have ridden for sheffield but i would never shout abuse at them.i realise that the riders are out there to entertain but do you honestly think that richie worrall enjoys the form that he is currently in?yes supporters have a right to an opinion but does that give them carte blanche to berate riders who can actually hear the comments.not a lot of points equals not a lot of pay and confidence equals points, equals pay so why not just try for once and get behind the rider who wears your colours for your benefit.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

i understand that but if you really think that hurling insults and calling a rider useless is going to help then it is a sorry state of affairs.i have down the years seen some underperforming riders that have ridden for sheffield but i would never shout abuse at them.i realise that the riders are out there to entertain but do you honestly think that richie worrall enjoys the form that he is currently in?yes supporters have a right to an opinion but does that give them carte blanche to berate riders who can actually hear the comments.not a lot of points equals not a lot of pay and confidence equals points, equals pay so why not just try for once and get behind the rider who wears your colours for your benefit.

The vast majority of Glasgow fans are patient and have got behind all season. At what point do you cut it off.

59 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Richie has had the full support of the majority for the last three seasons me included, he is a very talented rider but regardless of this supporters are entitled to make there feelings known if they are underperforming.

If I or you were underperforming at our job we would soon know all about it.

As MD has said when is the cut off point for that support to wane, it would be a shame if the majority turn against Richie as in general he has been a good servant but it cannot continue the way it is, for your number 1 to perform the way he has is not good for him or the club.

Maybe now is the time for Richie to have a change off scenery would he want this to continue I very much doubt it as for the barracking from the fan I really see there point as that cut off point has now arrived,

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

As MD has said when is the cut off point for that support to wane, it would be a shame if the majority turn against Richie as in general he has been a good servant but it cannot continue the way it is, for your number 1 to perform the way he has is not good for him or the club.

Maybe now is the time for Richie to have a change off scenery would he want this to continue I very much doubt it as for the barracking from the fan I really see there point as that cut off point has now arrived,

Call yourself a Glasgow Supporter?  Well support the team!  

Just who's out there to replace Richie?

Yes he's not done as well as in previous years but he's still an 8 point rider.  It's a lot harder riding at 1 than 5.

Just look at the scores from No1 when Richie wasn't riding at No1.!  If changes are to be made he's not the one to be bombed out.

Not that I'm advocating any rider changes.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Call yourself a Glasgow Supporter?  Well support the team!  

Yes he's not done as well as in previous years but he's still an 8 point rider.  It's a lot harder riding at 1 than 5.

Just look at the scores from No1 when Richie wasn't riding at No1.!  If changes are to be made he's not the one to be bombed out.

Not that I'm advocating any rider changes.   

Who are you to judge me or anybody, I am expressing an opinion on a rider that has massively underperformed for the team I have supported since the 70s, there are split opinions on Richie on here and in general I would imagine.

But don't come on here albeit I am guessing you are connected in some way and preach to me or any other GLASGOW SUPPORTER on our thoughts on anything really.

So yes I will call myself a Glasgow Supporter ARE YOU ?.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

If you really look at the team not one riders stands out we have been unfortunate in mechanical gremlins, riders not being fully fit every riders has had bad weeks and good weeks so dont think any riders should be singled out in this way and as Richie says in the star you can’t win every race no matter how good you are having helped Richie in the pits many times I can say he puts more thought into every ride between races than any rider I have helped he watches every race looks where the riders are getting best lines on the track and makes changes to suit sometimes when you try to hard it goes against you 

38 minutes ago, mac101 said:

If you really look at the team not one riders stands out we have been unfortunate in mechanical gremlins, riders not being fully fit every riders has had bad weeks and good weeks so dont think any riders should be singled out in this way and as Richie says in the star you can’t win every race no matter how good you are having helped Richie in the pits many times I can say he puts more thought into every ride between races than any rider I have helped he watches every race looks where the riders are getting best lines on the track and makes changes to suit sometimes when you try to hard it goes against you 

A very well reasoned reply to my thoughts on Richie and very much appreciated and a good insight from a behind the scenes point.

Much more balanced than the call yourself a Glasgow Supporter pish, do this and say that etc etc.

Cheers for the insight :t:.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Money talks and I'm sure there would be at least a handful of riders if not more that could be approached. I'm not saying  it should happen but if it was then it could be possible

Edited by Shaggy