British Speedway Forum

On 7/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, Moranboys said:

to the person in the stand at yesterdays fours meeting and was hurling abuse at richie worrall,for goodness sake, get off his case.he knows that this season hasn't ,to his standards, been one of his best but he was trying his heart out yesterday and berating him like you did, which he obviously heard due to his response,does absolutely nothing for a riders confidence so just cut him some slack and if you are a true supporter then do what the name suggests.SUPPORT your team.

I would put money on that the person shouting the abuse was not from Glasgow but a Redcar fan. Richie has been a regular target for them from when he was a Diamond and was unfairly blamed for a injury to Kus(first bend bunching), and clipping the back wheel of Summers as he decided to go around instead of under. Cries of 'hope you break your f*****g neck' from the terrace bar as he lay on the track, was just about the most inane comment I have ever heard, only to be repeated several weeks later when Tully made a dash to the line and came off with the same treatment. Can't accept 'it happens at all tracks" and it's certainly not the finest moments I have seen at the STMP. All Redcar fans are not like that of course, but it is worrying that after that, the discussions on here applauded the actions, and comments were also on the Bears forum when Richie and family put their case in defence.

apologies then if it was not a glasgow supporter but my post still applies if it is a redcar supporter.

• Like 1

I dont like Worral much either hes a nugget who rides a bike....thats all.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

All we’ve gathered from this is that Richie Worrall isn’t very well liked for several different reasons, what a shame.

We have also learned that apparently some of us are not real Glasgow fans for expressing our opinion.

All because my opinion differs from his, some on here live in la la land.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

Who are you to judge me or anybody, I am expressing an opinion on a rider that has massively underperformed for the team I have supported since the 70s, there are split opinions on Richie on here and in general I would imagine.

But don't come on here albeit I am guessing you are connected in some way and preach to me or any other GLASGOW SUPPORTER on our thoughts on anything really.

So yes I will call myself a Glasgow Supporter ARE YOU ?.

Sorry to disappoint  you but I have no association with Richie other than he's a Glasgow rider, my team.

I ain't no keyboard warrior, I have followed the Glasgow home and away for many years, hardly missing a meeting. 

You said Richie has been woeful and his time is up.

Massively underperformed?  Yes he's had some bad meetings, I've witnessed them first hand. 

Lot's of mechanical issues but he's still averaged over 8 points this season at No.1!

I can judge that your option is wrong!  How can you possibly consider an 8 point average woeful?  

He's by his own admission not done as well as he would like but Glasgow don't have a divine right to win. There's only been 4 away Championship league wins all season.

Call yourself a Glasgow supporter, then support the team.  Your attendance on Friday night would be much appreciated, I'm sure;  cause Friday night crowds have been poor.  

Edited by gmarsbar2
spelling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Sorry to disappoint  you but I have no association with Richie other than he's a Glasgow rider, my team.

I ain't no keyboard warrior, I have followed the Glasgow home and away for many years, hardly missing a meeting. 

You said Richie has been woeful and his time is up.

Massively underperformed?  Yes he's had some bad meetings, I've witnessed them first hand. 

Lot's of mechanical issues but he's still averaged over 8 points this season at No.1!

I can judge that your option is wrong!  How can you possibly consider an 8 point average woeful?  

He's by his own admission not done as well as he would like but Glasgow don't have a divine right to win. There's only been 4 away Championship league wins all season.

Call yourself a Glasgow supporter, then support the team.  Your attendance on Friday night would be much appreciated, I'm sure;  cause Friday night crowds have been poor.  

I never said you did have any association with Richie so sorry to disappoint , so let me get this straight Richie in your words is still averaging over 8 points this season can I ask were you get this from ? . Rolling Averages by any chance

Richie's 2018 average is 7.29 a drop of -1.23 on his starting GSA of 8.52 so yes he has been woeful for the most part , you can spare me the mechanical issue, you can give them some leeway but Richie and to a lesser extent Bomber have had season long mechanical issues. 

So I can judge your OPINION is wrong , how can you possibly consider a drop of -1.23 from his starting GSA acceptable ?.

And finally don't dare preach to me about supporting the team I have supported the team year after year and made financial outlay through sponsorship over the years during Stewarts tenure so your patronising tone is unwarranted and unwelcome.

You have your opinions and I respect that and I have mine and I do not really have to justify myself to you how big a Glasgow fan I am.

Can I ask what the keyboard warrior comment is all about nobody said you were one or is that just another patronising dig. 

• Like 1

when he underperformes we lose.

20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I never said you did have any association with Richie so sorry to disappoint , so let me get this straight Richie in your words is still averaging over 8 points this season can I ask were you get this from ? . Rolling Averages by any chance

Richie's 2018 average is 7.29 a drop of -1.23 on his starting GSA of 8.52 so yes he has been woeful for the most part , you can spare me the mechanical issue, you can give them some leeway but Richie and to a lesser extent Bomber have had season long mechanical issues. 

So I can judge your OPINION is wrong , how can you possibly consider a drop of -1.23 from his starting GSA acceptable ?.

And finally don't dare preach to me about supporting the team I have supported the team year after year and made financial outlay through sponsorship over the years during Stewarts tenure so your patronising tone is unwarranted and unwelcome.

You have your opinions and I respect that and I have mine and I do not really have to justify myself to you how big a Glasgow fan I am.

Can I ask what the keyboard warrior comment is all about nobody said you were one or is that just another patronising dig. 

You said in response to my original comment  "I guess you are connected in some way "  and asked if I was actual a Glasgow supporter.  So I told you I follow the side home and away.  I didn't say anything about being a bigger/better supporter than you.

2018 real averages including bonus points 8.17 (Glasgow Tigers website), 16 bonus points so far this season. Yes it's down from 8.91 starting average but I freely admit Richie has not been as good this season as last.

But how can you consider an 8.17 average woeful?  That and your times up comments are what I had issue with.

7 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

You said in response to my original comment  "I guess you are connected in some way "  and asked if I was actual a Glasgow supporter.  So I told you I follow the side home and away.  I didn't say anything about being a bigger/better supporter than you.

2018 real averages including bonus points 8.17 (Glasgow Tigers website), 16 bonus points so far this season. Yes it's down from 8.91 starting average but I freely admit Richie has not been as good this season as last.

But how can you consider an 8.17 average woeful?  That and your times up comments are what I had issue with.

Not his actual 2018 GSA is it Bonus points dont count to the actual average.

Most accurate average is on the BSPA site his rolling average is under 8 not ideal for our number 1 is it.

His actual GSA is now a whopping 7.57 not very inspiring, it is most certainly not 8.17 that you allude to.

Anyway we shall agree to disagree , no point in going over old ground you rate Richie and i dont simple as that really.

Playground comments about being bigger or better don't interest me i will leave that to other people, see you Friday work permitting.

Edited by Gazc

Needs to get his average down just a wee fraction for us to fit him at Armadiddle but he's getting there. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Needs to get his average down just a wee fraction for us to fit him at Armadiddle but he's getting there. 

Would say that would be his preferred destination he rides Armadale very well.

21 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

7.57 is a bit of a shocker but with us having 11 league matches to complete, with 6 of those on the road ( though 1 at Arma) he should get it down that bit further for you.