British Speedway Forum

There are a few Embra fans who aren't Ritchie fans but once he signed, they would come round. 

After Ritchie won the meeting for us at Scunny last year, fitted in with the team and showed a brilliant attitude...... I, for one, would welcome him to the Monarchs

I understand the Glasgow fans frustration.  IMO (for what it's worth) "something else is wrong" and once you sort that out ..... who knows?

Happy riders make prizes.......

Straight  change Worrall for Eric Riss  he would love to come to Glasgow just ask him Scotsman

14 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Straight  change Worrall for Eric Riss  he would love to come to Glasgow just ask him Scotsman

One word...........maybe two......   Nae chance!!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

There are a few Embra fans who aren't Ritchie fans but once he signed, they would come round. 

After Ritchie won the meeting for us at Scunny last year, fitted in with the team and showed a brilliant attitude...... I, for one, would welcome him to the Monarchs

I understand the Glasgow fans frustration.  IMO (for what it's worth) "something else is wrong" and once you sort that out ..... who knows?

Yeah, Dickson left. RW was clearly the favourite.

24 minutes ago, MD said:

Yeah, Dickson left. RW was clearly the favourite.

Think Richie thinks he was a favourite but Stuart was very good at saying the right thing whether to fans, riders, owners. However his team building philosophy was always get in guys with a low/false average and once they've increased it for us after a season or two get rid or 'let go'. Think 2011 for the best example and this year Claus and Lewis. Surprised he kept Worrall this year after last years shenanigans but with Lawson deciding he wanted to leave, he probably had no other option. Edinburgh would eb a good fit although not sure if he'd like salt and sauce with his chips.

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Think Richie thinks he was a favourite but Stuart was very good at saying the right thing whether to fans, riders, owners. However his team building philosophy was always get in guys with a low/false average and once they've increased it for us after a season or two get rid or 'let go'. Think 2011 for the best example and this year Claus and Lewis. Surprised he kept Worrall this year after last years shenanigans but with Lawson deciding he wanted to leave, he probably had no other option. Edinburgh would eb a good fit although not sure if he'd like salt and sauce with his chips.

Thats the name of the game, getting value from a riders average then releasing them when they have an unsustainable average. In 2011 we were 30 large in debt due to some proper away wins and were always going to shed that team!

The problem I see just now is that you need some continuity from one season to the next, we can't keep shedding everyone come the season end, that doesn't foster any loyalty or connection to the club. Though its almost certainly going to happen this season. Perhaps we could keep Starke or one of Kerr/Vissing but thats it.

13 minutes ago, MD said:

Thats the name of the game, getting value from a riders average then releasing them when they have an unsustainable average. In 2011 we were 30 large in debt due to some proper away wins and were always going to shed that team!

The problem I see just now is that you need some continuity from one season to the next, we can't keep shedding everyone come the season end, that doesn't foster any loyalty or connection to the club. Though its almost certainly going to happen this season. Perhaps we could keep Starke or one of Kerr/Vissing but thats it.

What I meant was he got in people on artificially low averages in 2011 and on that occasion it worked from a trophy point of view albeit not financially. Think the Facennas want to be loyal to their team members, staff and UK speedway but get frustrated when things result in back biting, sly comments and incidents like Worrall and Lawson last year. With SD away will be interesting what they do for next year

13 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What I meant was he got in people on artificially low averages in 2011 and on that occasion it worked from a trophy point of view albeit not financially. Think the Facennas want to be loyal to their team members, staff and UK speedway but get frustrated when things result in back biting, sly comments and incidents like Worrall and Lawson last year. With SD away will be interesting what they do for next year

Fair comment, we should have shed RW as well and made a clean break of it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MD said:

New to the forum (and speedway in general). Agree with you about the continuity, and not just the team. Dickson leaving and a redesign of the track may have all contributed to the below expectation results in one way or another. Last year was injury and 'parent' teams getting preference over our riders that seemed to be our undoing. 

If we could hold onto the majority of the team with a maximum of 3 changes (1xHL, 1xRes and 1 Mid order) would be ideal.

I still have hope for the remainder of the season and making the play-offs but not holding out for any silverware.

My opinion for next year keep Starke Kerr, Thomas and Vissing main priority our no6 must be a 5 point rider

10 minutes ago, MANSE said:

My opinion for next year keep Starke Kerr, Thomas and Vissing main priority our no6 must be a 5 point rider

Have you given up on this season already:P

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

To be fair signing riders on low or false averages has always been the plan but getting the best out of them and having a good team spirit is also a massive help. I rather suspect the latter two are missing at Glasgow (not altogether surprising with what’s reported to have happened) and the fact that Dickson left tells me things haven’t improved.

You can chuck money at it all day long but you are wasting your time if you haven’t got the right people picking the side and a decent team spirit, just ask Rick Frost.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair signing riders on low or false averages has always been the plan but getting the best out of them and having a good team spirit is also a massive help. I rather suspect the latter two are missing at Glasgow (not altogether surprising with what’s reported to have happened) and the fact that Dickson left tells me things haven’t improved.

You can chuck money at it all day long but you are wasting your time if you haven’t got the right people picking the side and a decent team spirit, just ask Rick Frost.

The club seem to be telling us that moral is high. I haven't seen anything first hand to doubt that to be honest. Not sure what was 'reported' to have happened, so cant add that to my views. 

We have assembled a very good side on paper but we are obviously lacking something. Cammy seemed to think Team performance was much improved down at Workington, Friday should hopefully show that. We'll miss Vissing though.

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Both cups yes league you never no.  Team spirit is ok except with one rider and   outside mixers maybe 2 or 3 

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think we all know where this season is going. Be delighted if we make play offs and make a fist of it.