British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Wonder if lakeside or Peterborough  would be allowed to sign a go rider 

Or Workington sign a go rider that's not cookie 

As the rules were no go riders in championship  unless they rode for the championship team at time of qualifying for gp and resigned the following season 

Money talks again 

This is a bigger scandals than ged rathbone taking payment to let holder race in Poland 

Not been ratified yet so jumping the gun slightly.

53 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Greaves is only 4.37

15 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’m going to say the bottom two. 

Last throw of the money by the looks of it with this move. 

Is this opinion only Blobby or are we in the know ;).

If it is opinion can we just file it as your usual bull.

1 hour ago, cheggie said:

This is only my best and very rough guestimate of the team with averages, based on the proposed change.

Cook 10.4 ( 8pt PL ave x 1.3)

Greaves 4.77 (taken from GS dated 04.07)

Vissing 7.45

Starke 5.64

Harris 8.13

Sargeant 3.88

Thomas 2.31

Total is 42.58?

Unless someone, or a few, could point out where I have went wrong!?

that team looks weaker than the original one .  so much for .Glasgows 2nd strings being heatleaders in the workington side . . it must be some sized brown envelope that being dropped from a great height !

33 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

think comets riders would welcome the drop of any coloured envelope

tell us more .

Don't you just love this forum we have had everything from brown envelopes to conspiracy theories even worse than Holdergate.

Negativity mainly from other fan's is par for the course, I tend to agree with Jenga though (can't believe I just said that) I think it weakens us even further as Cook will not maintain that hefty average.

But our hand was forced due to Lewi's injury (hope to see him back next season) and no suitable replacement with one change, so Richie was sacrificed to make it work.

Not surprised to see Richie go but wish him all the best on finding another gig.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Don't you just love this forum we have had everything from brown envelopes to conspiracy theories even worse than Holdergate.

Negativity mainly from other fan's is par for the course, I tend to agree with Jenga though (can't believe I just said that) I think it weakens us even further as Cook will not maintain that hefty average.

But our hand was forced due to Lewi's injury (hope to see him back next season) and no suitable replacement with one change, so Richie was sacrificed to make it work.

Not surprised to see Richie go but wish him all the best on finding another gig.

your brown envelope is o  its way and when you get it slip a fiver to C.C. ( that concessionscol ) . :o

thanks for the mention and support .

23 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

If this is allowed to happen against the rule book the joke sport has seen the last of me after 50 yrs,this proves money talks shame on glasgow and shame on cook and i say that as a comet fan through and through. . Re

Could you please quote the rule book.also your quote money talks please explain Re your own team its a utter disgrace that your riders are owed  money but I suppose that's okay in your eyes

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Interesting to see they were also chasing josh g..who is on a Polish licence and is also not able to race in the championship.

I wonder who the other team was?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Could you please quote the rule book.also your quote money talks please explain Re your own team its a utter disgrace that your riders are owed  money but I suppose that's okay in your eyes

thats old news . the GP rule is common knowledge . its been talked about openly for a long time . no GP riders in the championship unless the qualified whilst riding for that club ! + no polish licence holders . . is that hard to take in ? maybe you could find the rules for yourself and not pass the buck onto someone else . maybe mr watson could help you on that one . 

• Like 1

What about parts 2 and 3 of my question and please quote rule number

Don't know where this Rule about no GP riders in the Championship came about, but it certainly does not exist in the SCB Regulations!

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

We had to wait until Giro week to do the deal.

Tried for a concession on the fee.

very nicemmmmmm

3 minutes ago, MANSE said:

What about parts 2 and 3 of my question and please quote rule number

so where are parts 2 and three . i dont have a rule book and never will . i go by the rules of speedway as its written .

the first line of my post answers you question , the rest .

as regards my own team being an utter disgrace  in what way . getting performances like they are getting even while not getting paid (as you say) . just think what it would be like if they were getting paid .

8 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Don't know where this Rule about no GP riders in the Championship came about, but it certainly does not exist in the SCB Regulations!

It would just have been a"gentleman agreement" made at The AGM and depending who you are  that doesn't count if you want to break it.IMO.It certainly has been mentioned before now.

• Like 2