British Speedway Forum

I think one of the reasons clubs announce signings before full approval, and most do it, is because 9 times out of 10 this info is then leaked before the actual club can announce the news 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woofers said:

May I suggest replacing "naive" with "stupid". This is struggling to be a professional sport, and announcing signings before approval smacks of rank amateurism ......... unless of course you know full well that there is likely to be a stink whether it comes off or not and the resulting PR is what you were after all along.

Amerteurism is how I would describe a few of glasgows PR pieces this season.

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

Getting tired of the money bags and trying to buy the league comments, where was all the support when we were rock bottom for years. Riders are contacting Glasgow for a place not the other way round, it makes a change from struggling to get anyone to come to Glasgow, a lot of jealous people out there. 

Mainly from the fans of one club in particular. Its almost like we have become a convenient scapegoat for their dire situation, financial or otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Amerteurism is how I would describe a few of glasgows PR pieces this season.

Still waiting on your reply if you are in the know or if its conjecture, ameturish or what.

29 minutes ago, MD said:

Mainly from the fans of one club in particular. Its almost like we have become a convenient scapegoat for their dire situation, financial or otherwise.

Do you mean Workington, I admire most of what Glasgow have achieved and make many trips up to Glasgow, great set up and good fans, sad to see they are starting to struggle to attract as many fans as needed.

Glasgow and Belle vue is what most clubs should be striving for but unfortunately the money is not around to facilitate many clubs.....what"s the answer , who knows.

• Like 3

If you mean ‘were in it to win it’ then that could be very damaging in terms of outlay and on going costs.

A stable club with expectations of ‘we are here and speedway will be here again next season’ probably isn’t going to give you the success people demand.

But I know which one I prefer!

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Give them time to toss a coin up first  :D

So if, and I say if Glasgow have to revert back to having Worrall in there side are they going to get the best out of him under the circumstances , I have my doubts , Glasgow should have waited until it was approved by the BSPA in my opinion .

1 hour ago, MD said:

Hang on a minute :nono: we look after our own as you do ...a dig at our riders not getting paid , bringing back Rene so he does get paid , comments like that are always going to get a defensive reaction :rolleyes: . We would all like to have the backing like Glasgow but we don't , not only Workington suffering with these home fixtures or lack of them , so no income from meetings you have promotions paying out their own pockets , speedway in general is in dire straits

11 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

So if, and I say if Glasgow have to revert back to having Worrall in there side are they going to get the best out of him under the circumstances , I have my doubts , Glasgow should have waited until it was approved by the BSPA in my opinion .

Similar happened at Ipswich couple of seasons ago with Sedgmen, my own thoughts are they have released Richie to bring him back now wouldn't work the damage has been done.

Another factor in all of this what becomes of Nathan Grieves, if as i suspect the Cook signing falls through, were does that leave young Nathan.

Looking for another championship club again i would imagine.

Edited by Gazc

i can see mr worrall getting a 28 day ban for withholding his services or if he is on a set wage , come back and ride like a novice . over to you mr worrall, you have them by the short n curlies lol . :shock:

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Similar happened at Ipswich couple of seasons ago with Sedgmen, my own thoughts are they have released Richie to bring him back now wouldn't work the damage has been done.

Another factor in all of this what becomes of Nathan Grieves, if as i suspect the Cook signing falls through, were does that leave young Nathan.

Looking for another championship club again i would imagine.

That was only last season.  

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

That was only last season.  

Seems longer but my mistake.

Just now, Gazc said:

Seems longer but my mistake.

Having Sedgemen in the side felt like even longer :P

• Haha 4

It might've been an idea to get this signed and sealed by the BSPA before making any premature announcements especially when you have Craig Cook himself tweeting his signing. Personally I hope this move comes off as IMO it will be good for rider, club and the league.

• Like 1