British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Hang on a minute :nono: we look after our own as you do ...a dig at our riders not getting paid , bringing back Rene so he does get paid , comments like that are always going to get a defensive reaction :rolleyes: . We would all like to have the backing like Glasgow but we don't , not only Workington suffering with these home fixtures or lack of them , so no income from meetings you have promotions paying out their own pockets , speedway in general is in dire straits

The under current of anti Glasgow sentiment from many Worky fans has been here for about two years. Just we dont see we have done anything to deserve it as there has been no particular flashpoints at meetings between the teams. This current thread is just another to add to the list.

• Like 2

BSPA just waiting for a bigger brownie through the post !

1 minute ago, jenga said:

BSPA just waiting for a bigger brownie through the post !

Maybe Glasgow have been taking advice from Rob (I didn't say that )  Godfrey.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, screm said:

It might've been an idea to get this signed and sealed by the BSPA before making any premature announcements especially when you have Craig Cook himself tweeting his signing. Personally I hope this move comes off as IMO it will be good for rider, club and the league.

and that makes way for every champ team to sign a G.P. rider in the future . i personally think its wrong   but it could be a breakthrough for the one big league when the BSPA/SCB close enough tracks down to make the riders available for one big league  

the one BIG league will consist of about 14/15 teams . speedway killing itself and destroying  its fan base . RIP...  British speedway . the coffin cant take anymore nails !

• Like 1

Am sure.edinboro will be watching very closely at this , their former top  man wanting to ride for their closest rivals can only be less than 25 miles apart on the same  night  doesnt bear thinking about 

I think he is so do glasgow have to get permission to sign him from them can they block the move?.have said all year craig should have signed back at workington it would have been his bread and butter  money its cost him a fortune in the grand prix for little if any reward.

1 hour ago, MD said:

The under current of anti Glasgow sentiment from many Worky fans has been here for about two years. Just we dont see we have done anything to deserve it as there has been no particular flashpoints at meetings between the teams. This current thread is just another to add to the list.

Might have something to do with a certain rider not scoring points when he rode for Workington last season so that he could comfortably guarantee his place in the Glasgow team this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Byker Biker said:

Might have something to do with a certain rider not scoring points when he rode for Workington last season so that he could comfortably guarantee his place in the Glasgow team this season. 

Nah, it was going before that. The 3 point reserve for Worky last year is a 3 point reserve for Glasgow this year.

1 hour ago, jenga said:

and that makes way for every champ team to sign a G.P. rider in the future . i personally think its wrong   but it could be a breakthrough for the one big league when the BSPA/SCB close enough tracks down to make the riders available for one big league  

the one BIG league will consist of about 14/15 teams . speedway killing itself and destroying  its fan base . RIP...  British speedway . the coffin cant take anymore nails !

quoted wrong post

Edited by scaramanga

2 hours ago, screm said:

It might've been an idea to get this signed and sealed by the BSPA before making any premature announcements especially when you have Craig Cook himself tweeting his signing. Personally I hope this move comes off as IMO it will be good for rider, club and the league.

wasn't there a thing a few years ago where clubs couldn't or wernt suppose to announce signings before being cleared by bspa 

something tells me this is more of a done deal than were being told 

unless the other teams stand there ground and join forces to force the no gp rider rule 

16 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

wasn't there a thing a few years ago where clubs couldn't or wernt suppose to announce signings before being cleared by bspa 

something tells me this is more of a done deal than were being told 

unless the other teams stand there ground and join forces to force the no gp rider rule 

There should be no need for the other clubs in the Championship to join forces to force any rule, if the rule exists then all clubs should abide by it.  

• Like 3

All this money bags Glasgow is getting a bit boring now

They have a bigger budget than most.. So what...

Fair play to them 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Similar happened at Ipswich couple of seasons ago with Sedgmen, my own thoughts are they have released Richie to bring him back now wouldn't work the damage has been done.

Another factor in all of this what becomes of Nathan Grieves, if as i suspect the Cook signing falls through, were does that leave young Nathan.

Looking for another championship club again i would imagine.

It gives 2 British riders a team place and it seems that Richie could get a team place elsewhere.  I don't see the problem with Glasgow signing Craig as lets face it in the last month or so Newcastle received a 29 day facility for a rider who is taking time out the sport (instead of a 28 day facility),  Peterborough signed a rider who was declared in their team last year (more than a month into the season), we have a probationary ref at the Championship 4's and we have 3 teams who cannot race when the original fixture was scheduled.

And that's only in about a month (not including Scott N etc).:cheers:

At least the Glasgow promotion are pro active good luck to them

• Like 5