British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

But Workington had the choice as he qualified in 2017 while riding for you but you are a Saturday night race night so that would mean he misses meeting because of the GP's....................................................................................oh! hang on. You have changed  some of your race nights to Fridays so he would be ok for the GP just not practice....................................................Oh wait up again. The BSPA have allowed us to race on Fridays so we could have declared Cookie then had decent guests when he was missing ............................................ Oh wait up again. The BSPA have stopped us racing on a Friday as too many teams are now racing then (3 agreed at the AGM meaning 6 out of 11 teams would be racing) but now that has been stopped as other teams with injured riders need guest to cover.

Jesus, what a sport. I just can't keep up.

I believe Craig at the time just wanted to ride Prem and GPs.

15 minutes ago, comet49 said:

AND it was his average that was too high for the championship . so no choice in the matter prem only 

didnt stop Scott Nichols tho  and now the bspa/scb are running scared . rabbits in headlights . they can see , but the dont know what direction to take !

ruined a good sport by not writing rules down in a book . 

it was confirmed early in the winter he could ride championship but they had an unwritten rule about gp riders i think. Plus, he also had a Champs average, which was why Nicholls was discriminated against, nothing to do with averages.

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Was he not looking at a Polish club to help improve his chance's in the GPs? :unsure:

1 minute ago, Lord Lucan said:

Was he not looking at a Polish club to help improve his chance's in the GPs? :unsure:

Yeh of course he was, but clearly not getting enough rides. Getting old lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

We know it is all banter with comets fans and I'm sure they'll be up in Glasgow in there 10s to support Dan and the rest of team gb on Saturday night 

Oops just realised theres a typo in my post, sorry

3 hours ago, spin king said:

Ritchie Worrall to Redcar now that would be interesting.

I can imagine we would be bottom of his list!

11 hours ago, jenga said:

anybody have any green shield stamps? 

i am 10,000 off getting a toothbrush !

"Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout"    That was a helluva line  ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jenga said:

anybody have any green shield stamps? 

i am 10,000 off getting a toothbrush !

You don't need a toothbrush just take them out put your teeth in a glass overnight with a good cleaning solution and put them back in in the morning.

No need to beg for stamps will save you the hassle. 

• Haha 1

i still have a few pegs hanging in there !

14 hours ago, Gazc said:

Just lighting my cigar up and sitting back to watch the Worky fans going into meltdown mode tonight.

will look back now to see if it has started this should be good :D.

And why would we go into meltdown :blink:  Have you seen the season we are having yet another way win last night , through to the Semi's of the Shield, fingers crossed knock Newcastle out of the KOC ....you can have your GP rider I'd keep my 1-7 all day long :t::approve:

4 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

And why would we go into meltdown :blink:  Have you seen the season we are having yet another way win last night , through to the Semi's of the Shield, fingers crossed knock Newcastle out of the KOC ....you can have your GP rider I'd keep my 1-7 all day long :t::approve:

Maybe not you but certain ones have not let us down , you are having a fantastic season I agree and it is good to see and long may it continue.

As for Craig Cook I have said that it actually makes us weaker and I stand by that , at least we have a seven man team again so will have to wait and see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Maybe not you but certain ones have not let us down , you are having a fantastic season I agree and it is good to see and long may it continue.

As for Craig Cook I have said that it actually makes us weaker and I stand by that , at least we have a seven man team again so will have to wait and see how it goes.

I am a big fan of Craig, he had a much better GP in the last round, really hope he pushes on , looking forward to seeing him at Cardiff in front of his own crowd

• Like 1

Well, from an Edinburgh fan..... unlike some from the East..... I wish Craig good luck at Glasgow. He needs to be able to earn a living and he’s not going to do that and compete in the GP (and support a new baby) with a few meetings for BelleVue.  It was a no brainer financially.

It will be tough to see him in Tiggers kevlars but heyho, life goes on

• Like 1

Will his Polish club have any priority over Glasgow should they want to use him and " practice".