British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Just shows what a major signing and good PR can do to get the crowd in. Sure the Facennas will have been happy with last night. Just hope next Saturdays is even better and can't wait to see Tai and co take on the Aussies 

That`s one thing for sure, when you comes to PR and promoting, Glasgow are streets ahead of most other clubs from any league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you forgot to mention the spiel !

Kieron Douglas is getting a R/R for Glasgow at Berwick tonight.

Kieron was named as The Tigers' #8, but will his ride officially be as a Tiger or as a guest?

Surely after all the money the owners have ploughed into Glasgow they cant be happy with the dross this side serves them up can they? 

7 minutes ago, emilali said:

Surely after all the money the owners have ploughed into Glasgow they cant be happy with the dross this side serves them up can they? 

Nope though Harris was their marquee signing rather than the then team manager who had to fit him in. We seem incapable of learning from the current and last season that weak reserves dont work. We also need a bit of continuity by retaining at least a couple of riders from one season to the next though all of this lot can go and we can start that in 2019 ☺.

5 minutes ago, MD said:

Nope though Harris was their marquee signing rather than the then team manager who had to fit him in. We seem incapable of learning from the current and last season that weak reserves dont work. We also need a bit of continuity by retaining at least a couple of riders from one season to the next though all of this lot can go and we can start that in 2019 ☺.

If i were Glasgow I would keep Cook at no1, young Thomas at reserve alonside a very strong reserve and just bin the rest and start again (for 2019). For all Harris has had a career full of effort hes been on the decline for years and probably just sees the ££££ signs at Glasgow and has been very inconsistent. Vissing always just been mediocre and apparently can be desruptive. Obviously was really unlucky what happened to Kerr I suppose average permitting he could still do a job next year. Whats happened to Starke I thought he would have a really good season? 

21 minutes ago, MD said:

That's p... h. Dixon happy with Harris and it was him that wanted Worrall. Let's be clear why we got humped tonight. Schlein 18 for Ipswich a few weeks ago an Ipswich team thats back in the running for the play-offs. Simply add 11 to his score and suddenly we could have been competitive and fluked a point 

8 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

That's p... h. Dixon happy with Harris and it was him that wanted Worrall. Let's be clear why we got humped tonight. Schlein 18 for Ipswich a few weeks ago an Ipswich team thats back in the running for the play-offs. Simply add 11 to his score and suddenly we could have been competitive and fluked a point 

Schlien is only part of it, unrealistic to expect 18 from anybody. We were outscored at reserve by 15 points, one of whom was unbeaten by an away rider which is more of a factor than anything.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Come on get a grip!!

At heat 10 it was 40 - 20 and the match was over

At that point Schlein had 5 from 2 and even had he he got 3 straight wins to finish there was never even the chance of a point let alone more

Edit - An unbeaten Schlein wouldve seen Glasgow score 38 points 

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, emilali said:

If i were Glasgow I would keep Cook at no1, young Thomas at reserve alonside a very strong reserve and just bin the rest and start again (for 2019). For all Harris has had a career full of effort hes been on the decline for years and probably just sees the ££££ signs at Glasgow and has been very inconsistent. Vissing always just been mediocre and apparently can be desruptive. Obviously was really unlucky what happened to Kerr I suppose average permitting he could still do a job next year. Whats happened to Starke I thought he would have a really good season? 

Yip, Harris has all the hallmarks of a rider comtemplating retirement. Would have Lewis Kerr back, he's rider of the season for me and he's been injured 3 weeks. Starke has been a major disappointment, had some heavy crashes earlier in the season and never seems to have recovered. If his final average is below 6 I'd give him a second chance though. Vissing been fine and Jack Thomas has come on a bit though often on a hiding to nothing against experienced reserves. We've suffered this year with being soft at the top and bottom, something we need to correct next year.

Glasgow seem to sign riders who have had a good meeting AGAINST them. so take your pick from the best top scorer/entertainer that has caught your eye in 2018 .

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Come on get a grip!!

At heat 10 it was 40 - 20 and the match was over

At that point Schlein had 5 from 2 and even had he he got 3 straight wins to finish there was never even the chance of a point let alone more

Edit - An unbeaten Schlein wouldve seen Glasgow score 38 points 

The problem tonight in my opinion is invariably if you gate in front at Berwick you win the heat.

So you would think that they would prioritise this aspect , what unfolded was heat after heat of being outgated I was standing with a Berwick fan watching this and he in his words said bar Harris that is the worst Glasgow team he has seen at Berwick.

I had no argument to disagree, the PR team have there work cut out to spin this one in a positive light. Taking nothing away from Berwick but they barely broke sweat to beat this circus act.

Looks like an August finish for us this year there is nothing positive you can say about this team currently, except the odd performance like Harris had tonight.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MD said:

Yip, Harris has all the hallmarks of a rider comtemplating retirement. Would have Lewis Kerr back, he's rider of the season for me and he's been injured 3 weeks. Starke has been a major disappointment, had some heavy crashes earlier in the season and never seems to have recovered. If his final average is below 6 I'd give him a second chance though. Vissing been fine and Jack Thomas has come on a bit though often on a hiding to nothing against experienced reserves. We've suffered this year with being soft at the top and bottom, something we need to correct next year.

His battles last night with Etheridge and Jakobsen certainly didn't look like a rider contemplating retirement. Granted I have only seen him riding at Berwick this season and in shared events (the Fours he was very good, the Pairs poor) but I would still have him down as one of the most entertaining riders in the league, love his visits to Berwick.

• Like 2

I think starke is very much like Kyle Newman. On paper they always look like bargain averages but they never increase them. 

Thats not detracting from the fact both riders give 100% effort 100% of the time and are both entertaining 

• Like 1

That's the trouble with some riders they try hard to entertain the fans get injured through no fault of their own and then get criticised. Then when they play it safe to ease themselves back to form they get criticised. Aren't speedway fans wonderful