British Speedway Forum

Sure to be a lot of Glasgow V Poole fixtures in the future. Not at all sure which other teams might be joining them in a league. All the money in the world is of no use if you don't have sufficient opponents to race against.

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2018 at 10:11 PM, emilali said:

If i were Glasgow I would keep Cook at no1, young Thomas at reserve alonside a very strong reserve and just bin the rest and start again (for 2019). For all Harris has had a career full of effort hes been on the decline for years and probably just sees the ££££ signs at Glasgow and has been very inconsistent. Vissing always just been mediocre and apparently can be desruptive. Obviously was really unlucky what happened to Kerr I suppose average permitting he could still do a job next year. Whats happened to Starke I thought he would have a really good season? 

If he's top of their averages, he has to be number 1.  They don't have a choice.

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

If he's top of their averages, he has to be number 1.  They don't have a choice.

Disappointed in you, you appear to have taken emilali at face value and responded albeit pointing out his/her lack of awareness of the rules 

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Disappointed in you, you appear to have taken emilali at face value and responded albeit pointing out his/her lack of awareness of the rules 

I think it all depends how you read it.  I thought he was on about next season when he said 2019.

Shows that different people read the same thing differently.:drink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

I think it all depends how you read it.  I thought he was on about next season when he said 2019.

Shows that different people read the same thing differently.:drink:

What I meant was emilali's post wasn't worth responding to in the first place as it was trolling at its worst; hence my disappointment that Steve had taken the time and trouble to respond. But I also felt, to be fair to Steve, that I should acknowledge that he was pointing out that the rules will dictate who is at no.1 next year, not the views of a Berwick troll. 

Well he’s definately not trolling? Saying keep Cook, Thomas and possibly Kerr from this years team is not trolling at all?! Vissing and Starke havn’t improved and don’t look like they will and Sarj is Sarj... Harris going downhill although on a bit of good form at this moment in time, I think his post is spot on regarding Glasgow 2019.

its good to see the tigers 2nd strings with a higher average than the  workington heat leaders . NOT . ... :t:..

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well he’s definately not trolling? Saying keep Cook, Thomas and possibly Kerr from this years team is not trolling at all?! Vissing and Starke havn’t improved and don’t look like they will and Sarj is Sarj... Harris going downhill although on a bit of good form at this moment in time, I think his post is spot on regarding Glasgow 2019.

Your first sentence says it all. But to give you the courtesy of a response, he said that Vissing has always been mediocre and apparently disruptive. That is not someone the fans recognise at Glasgow. Claus has increased his average and is a pleasure to deal with, the kids love him - photos, autographs no problem - as does everyone at Glasgow. He would be number one in your team both using green sheet averages and the speedway star averages! Throw in the fact that the original poster,a Berwick fan is saying who the'd keep if they were Glasgow, frankly who cares and that why its trolling trying to upset and get a reaction based on anything but fact.

On 8/9/2018 at 6:18 PM, SharpenRake said:

Your first sentence says it all. But to give you the courtesy of a response, he said that Vissing has always been mediocre and apparently disruptive. That is not someone the fans recognise at Glasgow. Claus has increased his average and is a pleasure to deal with, the kids love him - photos, autographs no problem - as does everyone at Glasgow. He would be number one in your team both using green sheet averages and the speedway star averages! Throw in the fact that the original poster,a Berwick fan is saying who the'd keep if they were Glasgow, frankly who cares and that why its trolling trying to upset and get a reaction based on anything but fact.

Vissing never turned up to your last meeting when he could of and got sacked from Berwick for the same thing you need to open your eyes pal, the man was knocking on an 8 point average in a weaker premier league 4/5 years ago and is not going to improve on his current one, considering he doesn’t have the pressure of riding at 1 or 5 and being in heat 13 and often 15 due to having 2 world class riders in his team. I will say it again that he was not trolling and was just giving an honest outsiders opinion that I completely agree with, I’m not trolling either, just because it’s a different opinion to what you have doesn’t mean it’s trolling.

• Like 1

His average usually nose dives in and around July. Keeping the figure nice and low for potential suitors the following season. Did well for Berwick in 2014 though overall.

Edited by Robinh88

37 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

being in heat 13 and often 15 due to having 2 world class riders in his team. 

World class? Are you sure? top riders in the PL absolutely though.

World class to me is Bartosz Zmarzlik who sits on 10.32 (Stal) and 9.92 (Elit) in Poland and Sweden currently.

Edited by Robinh88

On 8/9/2018 at 6:18 PM, SharpenRake said:

Read his posts on any Berwick thread, a Berwick "fan" who hates Berwick

9 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Vissing never turned up to your last meeting when he could of and got sacked from Berwick for the same thing you need to open your eyes pal, the man was knocking on an 8 point average in a weaker premier league 4/5 years ago and is not going to improve on his current one, considering he doesn’t have the pressure of riding at 1 or 5 and being in heat 13 and often 15 due to having 2 world class riders in his team. I will say it again that he was not trolling and was just giving an honest outsiders opinion that I completely agree with, I’m not trolling either, just because it’s a different opinion to what you have doesn’t mean it’s trolling.

Say what you like pal, he was trolling. An honest opinion aye right. Read what topsoil says about him in the post above. And your now making up stories about Claus. He injured his ribs at that wonderful track, known locally as ftg. He  wasn't fully fit but gave the Danish championship a go anyway. he scored 0 and suffered an exclusion.to say he did not turn up implying he let the club down is totally wrong. And for you to criticise him when your team apart from Aaron is full of riders who think we'll always get a team if we keep our average at 6 and if not we can always go to Berwick. Having said that good luck tonight 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Say what you like pal, he was trolling. An honest opinion aye right. Read what topsoil says about him in the post above. And your now making up stories about Claus. He injured his ribs at that wonderful track, known locally as ftg. He  wasn't fully fit but gave the Danish championship a go anyway. he scored 0 and suffered an exclusion.to say he did not turn up implying he let the club down is totally wrong. And for you to criticise him when your team apart from Aaron is full of riders who think we'll always get a team if we keep our average at 6 and if not we can always go to Berwick. Having said that good luck tonight 

Straight to the point , I like :t:.