British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Say what you like pal, he was trolling. An honest opinion aye right. Read what topsoil says about him in the post above. And your now making up stories about Claus. He injured his ribs at that wonderful track, known locally as ftg. He  wasn't fully fit but gave the Danish championship a go anyway. he scored 0 and suffered an exclusion.to say he did not turn up implying he let the club down is totally wrong. And for you to criticise him when your team apart from Aaron is full of riders who think we'll always get a team if we keep our average at 6 and if not we can always go to Berwick. Having said that good luck tonight 

So Jye Etheridge and Dany Gappmaier, who have improved their averages tenfold this year and last year go in that category as well then? The same one as Paul Starke, Lewis Kerr and Claus Vissing, half decent second strings but won’t make it. Well I completely agree with the man and I am most certainly not trolling, not that it has anything to do with Berwick at all and it was about Glasgow’s team. Keep Cook, keep Thomas, keep Kerr, rebuild, imo :t: If you’re wanting my opinion on the Berwick team it is keep Summers, keep NBJ, keep Etheridge and possibly Pijper and rebuild with getting Nick Morris back the number one priority, but Doolan will be in the team so that won’t happen.

26 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So Jye Etheridge and Dany Gappmaier, who have improved their averages tenfold this year and last year go in that category as well then? The same one as Paul Starke, Lewis Kerr and Claus Vissing, half decent second strings but won’t make it. Well I completely agree with the man and I am most certainly not trolling, not that it has anything to do with Berwick at all and it was about Glasgow’s team. Keep Cook, keep Thomas, keep Kerr, rebuild, imo :t: If you’re wanting my opinion on the Berwick team it is keep Summers, keep NBJ, keep Etheridge and possibly Pijper and rebuild with getting Nick Morris back the number one priority, but Doolan will be in the team so that won’t happen.

My point was that you have a lot of 6 point men who are happy to stay there. Despite increasing there average by tenfold Etheridge is still only 5.98, Dany 6.08 both damn close to 6.00! Having increased there averages by tenfold over the last 2 years I suppose 2 years ago they had 0.0598 and 0.0608 averages respectfully?

• Haha 1

Workington have a team of 6 point men and doing very nicely thank you (when they can get a meeting). There's a lot to be said for strength in depth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cometbaz said:

Workington have a team of 6 point men and doing very nicely thank you (when they can get a meeting). There's a lot to be said for strength in depth.

dont forget the width !

On 8/11/2018 at 10:46 AM, SharpenRake said:

My point was that you have a lot of 6 point men who are happy to stay there. Despite increasing there average by tenfold Etheridge is still only 5.98, Dany 6.08 both damn close to 6.00! Having increased there averages by tenfold over the last 2 years I suppose 2 years ago they had 0.0598 and 0.0608 averages respectfully?

Well Jye’s match average at Edinburgh was probably lower tbh :party:Now he’s winding up and annoying most sets of fans by skelping their best riders, especially the Scottish teams funnily enough.

31 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well Jye’s match average at Edinburgh was probably lower tbh :party:Now he’s winding up and annoying most sets of fans by skelping their best riders, especially the Scottish teams funnily enough.

The problem with riders like Etheridge and there are plenty out there, as much as they are good or acceptable round there home track invariably they are equally as bad away, watching him at Glasgow lately he was poor at best , not his fault it is just his level.

They way the Edinburgh promotion described him was unfair and unjust he is what he is but skelping riders is possibly an over-reaction.  

On 8/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, Gazc said:

They way the Edinburgh promotion described him was unfair and unjust he is what he is but skelping riders is possibly an over-reaction.  

If you read the article & not the headline, you'd see the Monarchs promotion never described him as "worst ever"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If you read the article & not the headline, you'd see the Monarchs promotion never described him as "worst ever"

What has this to do with this thread? No one said that the monarchs promotion described him as worst ever 

Edited by SharpenRake

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Did i say that if you read my post i said how they described him.

Despite an up and down stop start season Glasgow won all of there 10  league home matches in 2018. The only other team to do so, so far,  is Workington (well done to them) who have still one home fixture to complete. Every other team lost at least one match. So well done to everyone that rode for the stripes and good luck in the play offs :party:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Despite an up and down stop start season Glasgow won all of there 10  league home matches in 2018. The only other team to do so, so far,  is Workington (well done to them) who have still one home fixture to complete. Every other team lost at least one match. So well done to everyone that rode for the stripes and good luck in the play offs :party:

Quite an achievement considering our inconsistency,  well done lads, can we keep Cookie next year Pleeeeease . He is delightful to watch and is an inspiration to the team.

1 minute ago, dorothy58 said:

Quite an achievement considering our inconsistency,  well done lads, can we keep Cookie next year Pleeeeease . He is delightful to watch and is an inspiration to the team.

By all accounts he wants to return next year, it all boils down to league structures and what league we will be plying our trade in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

By all accounts he wants to return next year, it all boils down to league structures and what league we will be plying our trade in.

We'll have him back along the road ta. :)