British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Would you rather they averages 30 points? We make teams to win trophies not to just take part.

Your wanting a bite with that one.

Guess their will be Another Bridge walk and the fans to keep them afloat for another year Edinburgh promotion must rub their hands every end of season knowing they don’t need to dip into their own pockets lol

• Haha 1

You have to take Harris's sob story in the Star this week with a pinch of salt,close to jacking it ,but now going to do SGP,European Qualifiers and will probably try the grass track again next season, who is he trying to kid!!!:rolleyes:.

• Like 1

As long as he's not back at Ashfield all will be fine.

10 minutes ago, MD said:

AND maybe the un written rule about G.P. riders in the lower league ...  being able to ride in the lower leagues WILL become a WRITTEN  rule at  the A.G.M. meeting . 

the only thing that is being de valued is the so called G.P. status. 

lewis hamilton returns to go karts . that would really kill of go karting as we know it. dont say it will attract more people to take it up . cos it wont . loads of riders in the prem league that have a higher average in the prem , than the championship . get rid of all the easy money makers from the championship and return it to a feeder league . 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MD said:

Not worth a punt on a 7.71?  I think he will be in the promotions thoughts for 2019

Go carts is a different sport to formula 1, so not a good comparison. But I agree with what you saying.

1 minute ago, Tigerforever said:

Not worth a punt on a 7.71?  I think he will be in the promotions thoughts for 2019

We will have him at Peterborough no problem and on 7.71 average is a no brainer.

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

Go carts is a different sport to formula 1, so not a good comparison. But I agree with what you saying.

there is not much difference at all . thats where lewis learnt his trade , as did most F1 guts .there is no comparison to both sports . both have 4 wheels /tyres and stuff . in fact go carts are more exciting . there contradicted myself in more ways than one . but i agree with you . how the heck does that work ?

2 hours ago, Tigerforever said:

I see your dilemma Tigerforever. I initially thought there is only one punt he'll be getting and its back south. However having thought about it some more I realise that the M6 is still the way I'd send him.

I can understand your thoughts, having taken the hit this year of dropping the best part of a point off his average, he must surely have bottomed out and be better next year. He is on 7.71 as that's what he is, a 7 point rider. I tried to think back to a meeting he had won for us, and cant remember one, home or away. He was signed to be our No1 but wasnt even close. I don't have confidence that re-signing him next year he could even maintain that 7.71 and where would that leave us. A lot of fans are exasperated with him, the perceived lack of effort is a common complaint. I would see his return next year as being like the Ksiezak factor 7 or 8 years ago when fans turned away when we re-signed a rider who had gone stale and admittedly had fallen out with the track. Time will tell I suppose.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jenga said:

there is not much difference at all . thats where lewis learnt his trade , as did most F1 guts .there is no comparison to both sports . both have 4 wheels /tyres and stuff . in fact go carts are more exciting . there contradicted myself in more ways than one . but i agree with you . how the heck does that work ?

You taught me nothing new about go carts, IMO it is still a different sport. 

The part of you post I was agreeing with was the last 18 words starting with “get rid of...”