British Speedway Forum

You dont honestly think these riders are signing because you pay on time?

I know Blob the cheek of it paying riders money perhaps we should have tried the below concept.

A.Ginger bottles

B.Dembele dollars.

C.Sign now pay in 2021

D.interest free credit.

E.Provident Cheques.

I read about your Fans trust Mr BLOBBY bailing your Edinburgh promotion out to the tune of 50000-00 over the last 3 years that's what I call a well run business

Vissing and Starke give Glasgow a far edgier middle order than last year – they are racers who will front up when things get tense in a meeting - which contrasts with a few in the Glasgow team last year who gave it away a bit too easily.

I think Glasgow are lightyears ahead of Ipswich who still look a soft touch to me.

Is that the Ipswich side last year that never had its 1-7 the whole season yet still made 2 finals??

Now we have Covatti for r/r and Haartel for Newman, so even if the new boy gets 4 or 5 a meeting it will be covered by Nico.

Hume is a steal on a 2.00

The Glasgow team looks very good but Ipswich has 4 heat leaders as well.

You can think the Glasgow side is better but saying 'lightyears ahead' is just trolling

Is that the Ipswich side last year that never had its 1-7 the whole season yet still made 2 finals??

Now we have Covatti for r/r and Haartel for Newman, so even if the new boy gets 4 or 5 a meeting it will be covered by Nico.

You can think the Glasgow side is better but saying 'lightyears ahead' is just trolling

Come back when your voice breaks wee man "ma teams better than yours"....pathetic

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Glasgows side is much better than Ipswich. 4 heatleader vs 5 for Glasgow and Sarj will be better than Hartel and hes in reserve vs second string.

I just dont see what advantage Ipswich have. Ipswich isnt a bad team but Glasgows looks very good to me. Id be amazed if anyone betters it.

Glasgow probably just edges it against Ipswich.

The jump for Sarj (pun intended) could be matched by Danyon (was 4.57 from his 7 matches)

Ipswich top 4 just pips Glasgow but very little in it.

Starke in 5th position has edge on Haertel as he is a known quantity. Whilst Haertel may do well to expect over 6 is unrealistic.

Connor was the best performing 2 pointer although JPB would generally be seen as better prospect by most acround the UK.

Bring it on and lets all enjoy it whatever the results

Glasgow have a strong spearhead. A solid engine room and improvement from reserve. It's a good team. It's hard to make comparisons until other line-ups are completed but they'll be in contention.

If anything I'd say Scunthorpe are putting together a side more capable of challenging than Ipswich. They too have a strong top two, their engine room of Auty, Allen and Manzares could potentially be better than Glasgow's, while they'll always have a strong reserve.

Elsewhere Peterborough's four named so far look pretty meh. Lakeside have started building like they mean business but could suffer from a long tail. It's too early to judge the sides who only have one or two riders each.

Edited by Ben91

I read about your Fans trust Mr BLOBBY bailing your Edinburgh promotion out to the tune of 50000-00 over the last 3 years that's what I call a well run business

The fans trust is a great thing that we are doing and helps the club run and keep going. But if you want to try and twist it to suit your argument go ahead.

• Like 1

The fans trust is a great thing that we are doing and helps the club run and keep going. But if you want to try and twist it to suit your argument go ahead.

Looking at their books If it was not for them they would struggle to run each year

The Glasgow Tigers do look a very good team on paper, they will need to gel as a team & stay injury free, then results will follow.

However the promotions loyalty to the 2017 squad - IT STINKS!

If your favorite tiger from 2017 is no longer a tiger (100% chance) you may choose not to support the tigers in 2018 that also might include local riders sponsors.

It will be interesting seeing 2018 unfold in the tigers den, riders will know if the TEAM does not perform you may be elsewhere in 2019.

Dont need to twist it Mr Blobby the answer is LIVING BEYOND THEIR MEANS[ Any business would be closed with a record like that]