British Speedway Forum

Im not saying it is and to an extent I am playing devils advocate as opposed to being a hard nosed a**hole

In that vein if someone is struggling on a pension for the basics I doubt it would make any difference whether the admission fee was £10 £15 or £20 - it would still be too much

Or conversely........someone is JUST managing on their pension and JUST able to continue to watch the team they have supported for many years........but JUST suddenly no longer can.

I, fortunately, still can.......but others may not be so lucky. I still think it is a very wrong, unprecedented and controversial decision for the club to make and nothing will change my view on that.

• Like 2

EXTRA 49.00 per season for the basic 14 fixtures if people can't afford that don't think they would have been going to start with

• Like 2

Chris BLEWETT here are some facts for you to digest 1- Richard moving south reason he wanted to leave 2-NIKE his own words wanted to leave 3-DAN wanted to move to Workington to work with Steve 4 TOM possible retirement 5- JACK struggles round Ashfield 6- AARON time for a change hope that helps CHRIS

Thank's for the reply MANSE, I had not seen any indication that any of the 2017 squad wanted to move on - so thank you for you fresh information. It does seem odd that by all accounts a superb track, stadium, & pay master would have riders wanting to leave?

• Like 1

I suppose they have to pay Hancock's fees somehow.

Aye.......'cause he'll soon be a pensioner tae.........lol

• Like 3

Can't believe no one's brought this subject up on here but Glasgow Speedway have announced that there will no longer be concession prices for over 65s, stating financial loss as a reason.

An abominable decision in my opinion, to penalise the very people, the majority of whom will have stuck by the club through thick and thin and during previous times when it was on its knees.

WRONG WRONG decision Mr Facenna. I reckon this will come back and bite you on the bum.

.......and for all those who back the decision on social media saying it is a small price to pay, I wonder if they would feel the same if that £3.50 had been added to their last year's entry price making it £21 admission?

I, for one, will still be attending as speedway is my favourite sport and has been since 1964........but I'm afraid, in protest, I will no longer by buying a programme at £3, a fifty-fifty draw ticket at £1 and food & drink around the value of £5.

I know I will be slated on here for taking this decision and will be seen to be damaging the club even more but I feel so strongly about it after supporting, and contributing to, the Tigers for so many years. What other sport or entertainment throughout the country doesn't have concessions for older people? Can't imagine very many.

I think Glasgow Speedway should seriously rethink this decision and consider other options. A small increase would have been acceptable......but not this. Im very angry.

Fully agree with u the very people who are the backbone of most clubs wrong decision .
  • Like 5

got to feel sorry for the older glasgow fans, just got back into the groove of having an almost winning team. an attractive teams brought in crowds . suddenly

its got a bit tight on the home funding side . .

maybe the older people will take Glasgow up on the free tickets when they come around !

Glasgow have a good product on offer and have done for the last 3 years. now they are feeling the crunch , like many other clubs .

its a terrible move from the tigers management to kill off the very backbonr that has kept speedway alive in Glasgow for many years .

please rethink this poor decision mr faccu and let the old guard live on and breath speedway in the city ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 4

Can't believe no one's brought this subject up on here but Glasgow Speedway have announced that there will no longer be concession prices for over 65s, stating financial loss as a reason.

An abominable decision in my opinion, to penalise the very people, the majority of whom will have stuck by the club through thick and thin and during previous times when it was on its knees.

WRONG WRONG decision Mr Facenna. I reckon this will come back and bite you on the bum.

.......and for all those who back the decision on social media saying it is a small price to pay, I wonder if they would feel the same if that £3.50 had been added to their last year's entry price making it £21 admission?

I, for one, will still be attending as speedway is my favourite sport and has been since 1964........but I'm afraid, in protest, I will no longer by buying a programme at £3, a fifty-fifty draw ticket at £1 and food & drink around the value of £5.

I know I will be slated on here for taking this decision and will be seen to be damaging the club even more but I feel so strongly about it after supporting, and contributing to, the Tigers for so many years. What other sport or entertainment throughout the country doesn't have concessions for older people? Can't imagine very many.

I think Glasgow Speedway should seriously rethink this decision and consider other options. A small increase would have been acceptable......but not this. Im very angry.

Can't argue with that , Seem to be hitting the very people who will be hardcore supporters , the very people who have been turning up week in week out when things were not so rosey . I think it would have been a better idea to just restructure the prices so an increase of £1 on entry for everybody rather than discriminate against the older generation.

• Like 4

got to feel sorry for the older glasgow fans, just got back into the groove of having an almost winning team. an attractive teams brought in crowds . suddenly

its got a bit tight on the home funding side . .

maybe the older people will take Glasgow up on the free tickets when they come around !

Glasgow have a good product on offer and have done for the last 3 years. now they are feeling the crunch , like many other clubs .

its a terrible move from the tigers management to kill off the very backbonr that has kept speedway alive in Glasgow for many years .

please rethink this poor decision mr faccu and let the old guard live on and breath speedway in the city ..

There was me thinking what a success they are, crowds up to see the No 1 team. Is it the case that crowds are up, but they are not making a profit, then it is possible the Business Model is wrong. Or is it simply, by overpaying for riders, it cannot make a profit with the current fan base, as there is not enough gate money to cover the costs.

Suggestion CUT YOUR CLOTH ACCORDINGLY

Or conversely........someone is JUST managing on their pension and JUST able to continue to watch the team they have supported for many years........but JUST suddenly no longer can.

I, fortunately, still can.......but others may not be so lucky. I still think it is a very wrong, unprecedented and controversial decision for the club to make and nothing will change my view on that.

There will be many aged under 30 on or just above minimum wage in a similar or even worse position and with little security yet they will be expected to pay more than 'oldies' on secure and inflation proof pensions.
  • Like 2

Is that 1 person complained

I think you'll find that most of the people this affects are not on fora or social media and I guess the majority don't even know about it yet.

I'm assuming it doesn't affect you and if so, I'm very happy for you.

Edited by ragdoll64

Under 30's can at least do something to improve their lot.

Old timers can't really.

And they have to keep money aside for their funeral costs.