British Speedway Forum

Under 30's can at least do something to improve their lot.

Old timers can't really.

And they have to keep money aside for their funeral costs.

.........and therefore, to improve their plot........lol

There will be many aged under 30 on or just above minimum wage in a similar or even worse position and with little security yet they will be expected to pay more than 'oldies' on secure and inflation proof pensions.

Vote Labour, and get the living wage £10.35 per hour

Old timers can't really.

Funerals, pi*s off, I am spending my hard earned pensions on holidays and booze

• Like 1

Can't believe no one's brought this subject up on here but Glasgow Speedway have announced that there will no longer be concession prices for over 65s, stating financial loss as a reason.

An abominable decision in my opinion, to penalise the very people, the majority of whom will have stuck by the club through thick and thin and during previous times when it was on its knees.

WRONG WRONG decision Mr Facenna. I reckon this will come back and bite you on the bum.

.......and for all those who back the decision on social media saying it is a small price to pay, I wonder if they would feel the same if that £3.50 had been added to their last year's entry price making it £21 admission?

I, for one, will still be attending as speedway is my favourite sport and has been since 1964........but I'm afraid, in protest, I will no longer by buying a programme at £3, a fifty-fifty draw ticket at £1 and food & drink around the value of £5.

I know I will be slated on here for taking this decision and will be seen to be damaging the club even more but I feel so strongly about it after supporting, and contributing to, the Tigers for so many years. What other sport or entertainment throughout the country doesn't have concessions for older people? Can't imagine very many.

I think Glasgow Speedway should seriously rethink this decision and consider other options. A small increase would have been acceptable......but not this. Im very angry.

It bit them at Coventry when they did it Horton walked away the next season

Old timers can't really.

Well yes I suppose they could take a 2nd job - probably a Friday night shift when the speedway is on......
  • Like 2

Vote Labour, and get the living wage £10.35 per hour

Funerals, pi*s off, I am spending my hard earned pensions on holidays and booze

Cracking return but you missed out fallen woman, I'm only 56 but got pensions cashing in and still working but decided to enjoy life and spending everything coming my way. Il leave the house to the kids but don't want to leave a penny in the bank

• Like 1

Best of luck to Glasgow with a decent looking side. Just hope JPB and his advisor don’t treat the club and sponsors with total disrespect as he did in sheffield.

• Like 1

Best of luck to Glasgow with a decent looking side. Just hope JPB and his advisor dont treat the club and sponsors with total disrespect as he did in sheffield.

Tell us more.......

Can't believe no one's brought this subject up on here but Glasgow Speedway have announced that there will no longer be concession prices for over 65s, stating financial loss as a reason.

An abominable decision in my opinion, to penalise the very people, the majority of whom will have stuck by the club through thick and thin and during previous times when it was on its knees.

WRONG WRONG decision Mr Facenna. I reckon this will come back and bite you on the bum.

.......and for all those who back the decision on social media saying it is a small price to pay, I wonder if they would feel the same if that £3.50 had been added to their last year's entry price making it £21 admission?

I, for one, will still be attending as speedway is my favourite sport and has been since 1964........but I'm afraid, in protest, I will no longer by buying a programme at £3, a fifty-fifty draw ticket at £1 and food & drink around the value of £5.

I know I will be slated on here for taking this decision and will be seen to be damaging the club even more but I feel so strongly about it after supporting, and contributing to, the Tigers for so many years. What other sport or entertainment throughout the country doesn't have concessions for older people? Can't imagine very many.

I think Glasgow Speedway should seriously rethink this decision and consider other options. A small increase would have been acceptable......but not this. Im very angry.

Interesting decision,must be trying to make room for all the new youngsters that are going to fill the Stadium.!!
  • Like 1

Well the NO concessions for over 65s is a diabolical decision in my opinion. But the Glasgow promotion is said be the most "modern" and we will see if it does come back haunt them. If it becomes copied as a PL policy, it would be the final nail in the coffin for me re attending my local club. I already make my own scorecard and rarely buy any of fast food offered by them. Nothing left to cut and so non attendance is my only way of saving what was an invaluable concession. And look how much more I would save! I don't know about Glasgow but if it were introduced at King's Lynn it would hit about 30% of the crowd. Not all pensioners are as "rich" as many assume.

• Like 3

Our owners have done most things right , but i cant understand the thinking behind this decision . It beggers belief

• Like 5

Our owners have done most things right , but i cant understand the thinking behind this decision . It beggers belief

Next decision Catholics only, and changing the racing colours to green :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Next decision Catholics only, and changing the racing colours to green :rofl::rofl:

I'd need to come and join you in the Black and Gold every weekend to get my speedway fix in that case lol

• Like 1

And you would be made very wecome :drink::drink::drink::drink:

We always are anyway