British Speedway Forum

Interesting decision,must be trying to make room for all the new youngsters that are going to fill the Stadium.!!

The promotion have a Big Presence on social media and it's The Coming Thing, so hordes of under 30s will be filling the place and rocking it Polish style I imagine.

• Like 1

Our owners have done most things right , but i cant understand the thinking behind this decision . It beggers belief

Agreed Paulco.

I have had nothing but admiration for how the club has been transformed by the Facenna's.........but I can't get my head round the fact that they would target this specific group of stalwart supporters in order to address the financial shortfall.

There must be fairer options available to them and I would have had no qualms to paying an reasonable increase to the concession price.

• Like 3

But I suppose life expectancy in weegieville is lower than in most other places so maybe there aren't many people affected?

Oooh err :P

Agreed Paulco.

I have had nothing but admiration for how the club has been transformed by the Facenna's.........but I can't get my head round the fact that they would target this specific group of stalwart supporters in order to address the financial shortfall.

There must be fairer options available to them and I would have had no qualms to paying an reasonable increase to the concession price.

Unfortunately they obviously have a good idea that the stalwarts will stand by their team no matter what, and that includes paying the increase in cost.

Unfortunately they may find this backfires as people will choose which matches they can actually afford to go to, the risk there is they may get out of the habit of not going.

Even given the fact there will be far fewer home matches than last season for every club, people don't always understand that they will be money up over the course of the season, as value for money has actually decreased.

Maybe the more prudent will buy a season ticket, but again that would also require either forward planning to save, or digging into savings.

Nobody has ever actually been able to explain to me using facts (not opinion) why OAPs should get a discount.

Why should an OAP who has had 65 years on the planet to earn money and gets a state pension (as a minimum) get in for the same price as a kid in school whos not allowed a job or a 16 year old whos on £3.50 an hour.

Edited by SCB

Nobody has ever actually been able to explain to me using facts (not opinion) why OAPs should get a discount.

Why should an OAP who has had 65 years on the planet to earn money and gets a state pension (as a minimum) get in for the same price as a kid in school whos not allowed a job or a 16 year old whos on £3.50 an hour.

And the fact that many of today's OAP's have more disposable income than most 18 - 25 year olds...

From a business perspective completely the correct thing to do...

It is often said how old the Speedway fan demographic is, therefore get them spending more not less...

If they are your most loyal fans then they will still come..

I recently renewed my car insurance with a company that I have been with for over 30 years..

Wasn't happy with the quote so went online...

Got the same cover for over £100 less...

From the company I have been with for over 30 years..!!

When I phoned them they told me that the offer they had made me was 'the best available at the time they had sent me the yearly reminder"...

Their policy was and is (quite correctly) "he will pay anyway so no need to try and attract him in, let's focus our efforts on getting new customers"..

I don't charge pensioners less than anyone else in my business so why does Speedway?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

the way i see it , is that an awful lot of people are in what is called WORKING POVERTY . (when they go to work, but still have no chance of earning more ).

the older generation are the ones who SHOULD get any discount that is going .

not all pensioners are living in the land of facculand .

chippysand other shops n stuff do pensioners meals and other stuff. so yes i think they are entitled to a discount for their long and sometimes hard life on the road .

anyone who has an elderly ma or pa should look after them and give them the good time in the remainder of their lives .

we should all look after the elderly and make whats left for them a happy and enjoyable time .

so come on faccu,s put the discount back on .

signed ... NOT a pensioner .

• Like 5

Sad day when when we cant offer some.discount for older fans to get there weekly fix and with all due respect mance and scb as jim royle would say your talking through your a**e.

• Like 2

Sad day when when we cant offer some.discount for older fans to get there weekly fix and with all due respect mance and scb as jim royle would say your talking through your a**e.

Based on what? Your opinion? How about backing it up with some facts. OAPs disposable incoming is growing while workers is dropping. OAPs now have more disposable income than people aged 18-35. Now business offers discounts to people who are already customers - thats madness, why offer discount to the people already attending? And you certainly don't incentivise OAPs who will be dead sooner rather than later. IF you're going to incentivise anyone it should be people who don't go and young people, ideally young people who don't already go.

Based on what? Your opinion? How about backing it up with some facts. OAPs disposable incoming is growing while workers is dropping. OAPs now have more disposable income than people aged 18-35. Now business offers discounts to people who are already customers - thats madness, why offer discount to the people already attending? And you certainly don't incentivise OAPs who will be dead sooner rather than later. IF you're going to incentivise anyone it should be people who don't go and young people, ideally young people who don't already go.

My son is 14 years old...

So obviously doesn't work...

He has been watching the Aces regularly since he was 3 years old...

How did the Aces reward him for his loyalty?

They charged him £8 when he got to 12 years of age..

How does he pay this? He earns no money...

However when he gets to 65 he will have hopefully had circa 45 years of earnings behind him to enable him to pay 'full whack' at the Speedway should he still be interested (and presuming the Sport still exists in Britain)

Maybe for the future of the Sport under 16's (at least) should be free, subsidised by no concessions for grown men and women...?

• Like 1

I think the fact that they are charging oap's.extra must mean they see it as the best way to get extra money so that would mean oap,s are.a large part of the crowd how many will decide not to pay the extra and stay at home .

I think the fact that they are charging oap's.extra must mean they see it as the best way to get extra money so that would mean oap,s are.a large part of the crowd how many will decide not to pay the extra and stay at home .

Theyre not charging OAPs extra. Theyre charging them the same.

Why should OAPs get a discount?