British Speedway Forum

You think there is a pot somewhere that holds your NI contributions and is then paid out to you in retirement? Really??

Not with this Government pal, but they have been honouring the repayments until now, I would not trust this lot not to wriggle out of the obligation, but for now they are. I suppose it's a bit like the road fund licence, it supposed to be spent on roads, who really knows how they spent our money.

Anyway all of this is distracting us from the annual speedway cock up, that allowed Championship clubs to sign two No1 riders, depriving other teams from getting one. Should be the same rule as the Premiership one rider over 8 points

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 1

thought i was on G.O.V.COM for a mo there !

If you were born before 1952, you can claim your pension at the age of 65, if you were born in 1953 you work until you are 66. a sliding scale after that, so if you were born in 1960 I think it is now 67 or 68.

You are slightly out on the rest those that currently retire at 65, they have paid in and receive back what they have paid if they live to an average of around 80+. The problem is now arising in the next generation will not have paid in enough to sustain them in future retirement, to that end NI contributions need to be doubled, to achieve a reasonable pension

Thats the issue, you pay in varying amounts as long as they reach a minimum amount each year and only get a flat rate the same as everyone else back out. IMO the state pension should be a government administered scheme that reflects what you have paid in i.e. if you dont contribute you cant take out.

• Like 2

U going to stand at the entrance and say that to all u question the decision my heart bleeds for all u mean spirited lot who doesnt think its wrong.

Be happy to... not sure why you think i should fund your entertainment.. you incentivise young people to go not old farts who will cop it soon

Be happy to... not sure why you think i should fund your entertainment.. you incentivise young people to go not old farts who will cop it soon

Whoa time out there fella.

That's crossed the line.

• Like 1

Whoa time out there fella.

That's crossed the line.

Why its true?? You incetivise the young to get them coming back year after year not people who might not be here in a couple of years... its a great decision by the club

Why its true?? You incetivise the young to get them coming back year after year not people who might not be here in a couple of years... its a great decision by the club

You know what I mean.

Perhaps a tad extreme with your language.

As you'll see from this thread I fundamentally agree with you but that post's a yellow card.

You know what I mean.

Perhaps a tad extreme with your language.

As you'll see from this thread I fundamentally agree with you but that post's a yellow card.

No bad language whatsoever not sure what the problem is

Be happy to... not sure why you think i should fund your entertainment.. you incentivise young people to go not old farts who will cop it soon[/quote

With fans like u is it any wonder glasgow are so unpopular see u when comets come calling and i aint an old fart yet!

Be happy to... not sure why you think i should fund your entertainment.. you incentivise young people to go not old farts who will cop it soon[/quote

With fans like u is it any wonder glasgow are so unpopular see u when comets come calling and i aint an old fart yet!

Unpopular in what way have you carried a poll out or maybe you have asked a certain amount of people.

Or perhaps were just unpopular with you and your mate Jenga.

Either way we won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by Gazc

I think you might find Phillipsr is or was a Coventry fan

Nope never have been will be and not sure why it matters

Nope never have been will be and not sure why it matters

It doesn't matter geoff100 thinks your a Glasgow fan doesn't like what you posted and because of this even taking into consideration he got it wrong we are all unpopular allegedly.

You are totally missing the point. Students wont necessarily go to speedway and as such need a little encouragement to attend (i.e. lower prices). OAPs are likely to be, but not exclusively, long term fans who have gone to speedway for years. It makes absolutely no business sense whatsoever to give people who will attend regardless of price (within reason) a discount. Surely you can see that??

I was at the football with an ex work colleague and we got onto discussing the speedway. He was asking about the Glasgow and Berwick teams among other things and we got onto admission prices.

He was looking forward to getting a discount now he is a pensioner (has moved nearer his family).

He couldn't believe that for him and his grandson to go to Glasgow would probably cost him £32 plus car park (program and seat in stand).

For them to go to Berwick would cost him £13.50.

He is thinking about going to Berwick some meetings when my shifts allow. He is possibly looking at Edinburgh as they will be his closest track (to support the opposition).

For the loss of fans like this ex work colleague - there will be 100s of students rolling in?. As we know the brothers marketing is very good and the big screen ads in Glasgow city centre really added to the average numbers - or did they?