British Speedway Forum

For the loss of fans like this ex work colleague - there will be 100s of students rolling in?. As we know the brothers marketing is very good and the big screen ads in Glasgow city centre really added to the average numbers - or did they?

Aye !, look around any speedway stadium, the vast majority are in their dotage, youngsters come along until about 15/16 then they find out the right arm is used for :drink: and want to be with their mates on the weekend enjoying themselves.

• Like 4

If we don't get more fans through the gate,it won't be for lack of trying and making people aware. There will always be more work to do and awareness is the key to success .

• Like 2

whats wrong with the old track shape n stuff .  workington liked it on the last meeting there . . OH , i see now .

8 hours ago, jenga said:

whats wrong with the old track shape n stuff .  workington liked it on the last meeting there . . OH , i see now .

Normal service will be resumed for you next season.

There is always one shock result in our season.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

theres always one shock result in our season as well , just happened to be your lot .

as you say , normal service will be resumed next season, you hope .

merry xmas to ya .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

For years the shock was Glasgow winning at home

Now they have a team to be proud of, though they were probably proud of every team they had even in the dark old years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

For years the shock was Glasgow winning at home

Now they have a team to be proud of, though they were probably proud of every team they had even in the dark old years.

Very true Worky turned us over on a regular basis at Ashfield in the good old Stoney years.

He was an absolute joy to watch in his prime around Glasgow , to be fair he was top drawer at most tracks was Stoney.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

merry Christmas tigers fans . and a few other clubs i keep an eye on .

could be your year ! but there is always a spanner in the works ME .lol.

and to you too gazc .syay safe , its the silly season .

3 hours ago, jenga said:

merry Christmas tigers fans . and a few other clubs i keep an eye on .

could be your year ! but there is always a spanner in the works ME .lol.

and to you too gazc .syay safe , its the silly season .

Yes Jenga merry xmas it's alway's a pleasure to read your ramblings on here.:o

Sometimes.

• Like 1

Been offline for a few weeks while moving house etc , what the hell happened to the forum ? it's all weird looking 

• Like 3

its like learning to walk all over again paulco . %99.9 of users went into panic mode . change , CHANGE . CANT HANDLE IT !

58 minutes ago, jenga said:

its like learning to walk all over again paulco . %99.9 of users went into panic mode . change , CHANGE . CANT HANDLE IT !

Nothing like going through THE CHANGE :approve:

On 12/8/2017 at 12:23 PM, balderdash&piffle said:

Aye !, look around any speedway stadium, the vast majority are in their dotage, youngsters come along until about 15/16 then they find out the right arm is used for :drink: and want to be with their mates on the weekend enjoying themselves.

Part of the problem is of the sports (Promoters) own making - "Kids" get in Free up to age 16, then when they leave school, or carry on their education, they get asked to pay £15 or so each week to carry on following speedway

Edited by tweedcider
further explanation